Sunday, March 7, 2010

Back To My Roots

This weekend we headed home. We first went to Abilene, where we spent lots of time with Papa and BeBe,
Benson,
and Granny.
BeBe got out the bubbles and Brinley loved them!
She was just fascinated and spent the whole time trying to catch them.
I love this pic because she looks so big just sitting there waiting on more bubbles.
Bebe also took us out shopping and spoiled Brinley and I both. Look at this dress we found!!! How perfect is it going to be for a certain sunny day in June?

I had to see Courtney while we were in town! Since we were both really busy that day, she and Callie met up with us at the mall to chat for a few minutes. I honestly love both of those girls and wish we lived closer!!
I had to include this pic for Ava....look at my little turkey pulling Callie's bow! She had it all the way down around her eyes! None of her friends wear giant bows like she does so she hasn't had the opportunity to be the bow puller until now. Poor Callie!

On Sunday we went to another place I call home, Stamford. Abilene was the last home where I lived before I left for college, butI spent my childhood years (age 1-10) in Stamford. The church where my dad was pastor celebrated their 110th anniversary so we went to participate in the festivities.

My Dad was asked to preach and he delivered a wonderful sermon, as always. He made a very interesting point- I was about 1 1/2 when we moved there and now I was sitting in the church with my own daughter who is close to that age. My how time flies!

I had all these grand ideas to take pics of all the places in the church where I played and made great memories, but I totally dropped the ball. Here is a last ditch efffort- Brinley and I in the back parking lot of the church right as we were loading up the car to leave. Oh well, I actually have some good memories of running around and splashing in the puddles in that parking lot!
Honestly though, a picture couldn't even say enough about how much I love that church and all the people in it. In that building I...
was rocked by loving ladies in the nursery,
ate lots of yummy potluck lunches in the fellowship hall,
sang in many a children's choir,
sat on the steps unladylike while listening to the children's sermon,
developed my love for the Baptist hymnal,
got in trouble for talking too much and drawing pictures during the sermons,
performed in musicals,
was hugged and loved on my many people,
performed my first piano recital,
learned about Jesus in Sunday school and GA's,
and most importantly, made the decision to follow Christ and was baptized by my Daddy.

I will always hold a special place in my heart for FBC Stamford and it was so good to be back.

No comments: