Oh my little sister girl, you are 3/4 of a year old! You are seeming so much bigger to me this month and it is kinda making me sad. Sad in one way because you are no longer my baby but definitely mixed with happiness that you are growing and developing into a precious little girl. I tell you this every day but I honestly could not love you any more! This month has yet again been full of new and exciting things that you are able to do. I am so proud of you!
We went to your 9 month well check today so I decided that you should wear your scrubs from Miss Jenny. You looked so cute. Your Daddy said he doesn't really want you to be a doctor though because he is not loving life right now studying and working all the time. I know God has great plans for you, and if that's to be a doctor, we will support you 100%! You do make scrubs look awfully cute.
So, back to milestones...On the physical side of things, you now weigh 17 lbs and you are 28 inches long. You are growing beautifully and you're the picture of health!
You are pulling up on everything but not really taking steps yet. You like to hold on and bounce/dance. Your favorite spots to do this are in your crib and on the windowsill. I am actually watching you do this in your crib as I type!
You still scoot/pegleg/army crawl around everywhere, no actual knee crawling. Maybe this is what you will do until you start to walk. You can get up on your hands and knees but the minute it's time to move, you are back on your belly.
Believe it or not, you are becoming more and more vocal each and every day. You love to talk when you wake up and play in your crib. You will tell me all about it when we are playing in the floor. You are still babbling up a storm and saying mama and dada. I don't think you are really naming anything yet or aware of what you are saying, but you can really make those sounds. The funniest new noise you make is the rolling r's. It's hilarious!
(I know the screen is black, but just go ahead and press play, it should work)
You have also started squealing very loudly. If a stranger heard it they would probably think you were upset, but you're not, its just your form of expression. Your newest form of expression for excitement is grunting and tensing up your entire body. You especially show this while you are eating. It's sorta weird so we hope you drop that habit with time! You will just grunt and mmmmm through your entire meal. It kinda reminds me of the 80's movie What About Bob when he really likes his dinner.
On the subject of eating, you are still loving to eat any and everything we feed you. I have started to make your purees a little chunkier and it isn't slowing you down at all. I will probably start feeding you more table food that we eat in the coming month. We have given you puffs, and you like them, you just haven't made the connection of putting them in your mouth by yourself yet. You will hold them, play with them, and let them get stuck to your fingers, but you just don't put them in your mouth. As a matter of fact, you really don't put anything in your mouth! It's so different than many other kids your age. Our books and toys are still in perfect condition because you don't ever chew on them. At music class, all the other children put the instruments right in their mouths but you don't. When you are crawling around on the floor you often pick up fuzz balls or pieces of paper but you just study them intently and put them out of your way. I am not really sure why you don't do this but I guess it makes sense because you don't take a paci or suck your thumb. I guess you are just not an oral baby, and that's ok with me!
I think your hair has grown the most in this month. You never really lost what you had at birth, but it has really gotten longer! Your Daddy and I love the way it curls up over your ears. I still love to put the big bows on headbands in your hair but the litte bow clips have started to stay in so we mix it up sometimes with the smaller accessories. Those big headbands make your hair crazy!
And so does a good nap.
Well that about wraps it up for this month. You are my best little friend and I relish every moment of being your Momma. Thank you for being a sweet sweet girl that is such a joy to raise. I love you more than words can express!
XOXO,
Momma
1 comment:
Oh Amy, she is just beautiful! I can't wait to give her a big hug next week!
Post a Comment