Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Retreat

Rocky and I attended a Valentine's couples retreat at the gorgeous Pine Cove Camp this past weekend. It was so nice to get away and spend some time just the two of us.
We left Brinley at home with Mimi one night (sorry no pic!) and Nan and Grandy the other night. They were already planning to come for the weekend, and they were so excited to be able to take care of her without us. She was so good for them, honestly better than she is for me! I am glad we were able to go and not worry because we knew she was left in great hands.

We participated in some great worship time, heard some priceless advice and teaching about marriage from a couple named Joel and Cindy Housholder. We spent some precious time in the scriptures and praying together. We also got to have lots of fun during our free time-
We climbed the rock wall (there's a video and pictures of me doing this but they ain't pretty!)

And painted this plate to start a fun family tradition!
I love my husband so much...even when he makes faces like this to ruin a perfectly good picture.
I am truly blessed!

4 comments:

the bowlin family said...

i love pine cove!! mark worked there during college and went there every summer growing up. i love that you and rocky were able to get away and focus on your sweet marriage. i also love joel and cindy householder. i worked with katie (their oldest daughter) at merriman park for 5 years.

Jenny said...

I am so glad y'all were able to go to a couples retreat!! After the busy and blessed year that you have had, I am sure a retreat like this is priceless!

Meve & Co. said...

so fun--loved that retreat!

Cassie said...

how fun! I am so jealous! I also went to Pine Cove (just once) for summer camp- awe! :) what a great retreat idea to do it around valentines!