(hostesses l to r: me, Carol, Lucy, Chris, Becky, and Katherine)
I had so much fun, as always, hostessing this shower. I just love all the little details that make it special for the couple. Our main goal was to make people feel like they were somewhere other than an elementary school library- and I think we did just that (well minus the metallic records hanging from the ceiling and the lovely beach backdrop!)
We went with a white/green color scheme accented with granny smith apples. The cricut was in full effect to make their monogram banner and food placecards. Fun!
Carol did a great job of arranging the flowers!
I went to one of those paint your own pottery places and made this plate for the happy couple. All the staff signed the back to serve as a memento of the occasion. It was our hostess gift along with a cute red teapot.
We also had all the staff and Lucy's students write advice to her on little cards that will go in this book. The front says, "Weddings are more than rings and tossed rice, so pick up a pen and write down some advice!" The ones from her students were so precious- Katherine read some during the shower it had the whole room in tears!
1 comment:
Looks like so much fun!! I loved seeing all my sweet Yale friends! Y'all did a great job with all the little details- agreed that they make a shower special!! :)
Post a Comment