Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Celebrating Audrey!


On Saturday night, Rebekah, Jenny, and I hosted a couple's baby shower for Meagan and Johnathan. They will welcome a little girl, Audrey, in April. Unfortunately, illness kept the Burkharts in Houston, but they were there in spirit! We missed yall!

Since Meagan and Johnathan are from a small town, we decided to make it a girly western theme. We decorated with boots, rope, daisies, and pink bandana.
We had bbq chicken sandwiches, asian cole slaw, baked beans, deviled eggs, and pickles! The food was delicious, all thanks to Rebekah. She is such an amazing hostess and cook!

I tried my hand at another bandana cake, this time with 3 tiers instead of just a sheet cake. I think it turned out pretty well.

The kids played well together-
Well, Brinley just watched and scooted after the boys-
The adults enjoyed chatting and eating the delicious food-
And Meagan got some super cute little girly things!
Here she is with the onesie and bow I made for her. I attempted hand embroidery and I think she liked it!
It was a fun night. We can't wait to meet Audrey!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

How much fun! Thanks for the great documentation! The cake is so impressive and so is that onsie! As always, you girls sure know how to throw a shower! Wish we could have been there!