Dear Brinley,
Well little sister, here we are again. Another month past and you are inching your way closer and closer to one year old. This has been such a fun month with you as you learn something new almost every day. My heart swells with pride because I am your mom! You are such a little gem.
This was my dress as a baby!
I could go on and on about all you can do now, but I will try to keep this brief and hit the high points. I would say the highest point of the month for me is hearing you talk. You are a babbling machine with lots of "yayaya's, gagaga's, dadada's, and mamama's!" Yes, that's right, I heard Mama from you mouth for the first time this month! You said Dada first but it didn't matter to me. I don't think you really know that you are saying our names but I do know that you have associated "mamamama" with me because any time you are tired or sad or you just want me to pick you up, you make this moaning/humming sound followed by the mamama. And you know what? It's hard for me to say no to that so it usually gets you what you want! I love to hear that sweet voice along with the squeals, gurgles, spurts, and of course, laughter that comes from that sweet mouth.
You have become so very mobile this month even though you aren't crawling just yet. You can roll anywhere you want to go. I know I don't have it as hard as those mommy's of crawlers but I still have to really keep an eye on you. You can go from one end of the room to another in no time flat! You still love to stand and now you have started to sort of bounce when we hold you up. You lay on your tummy and wiggle your arms and legs like you are going to take off at any minute. I think you might be crawling by the time I write your next monthly post but we'll just see. I am not going to rush that at all!
You have always been a happy baby, but this month you have started being happy playing alone. Don't get me wrong, you like to know where I am or have me in view but you don't need me to entertain you. I can see this really well during car trips. You are happy as a clam just sitting there playing with your toys. You also have started entertaining yourself with your lovey or astuffed animal in bed when you wake up. Some of your favorite toys right now are your light up and music playing drums and piano, your light up cell phone, your stacking blocks, your musical bug, your pancake bear, and your giraffe lovey. Most of your favorite toys light up and play songs because you love music! It's amazing how your Baby Einstein CD can completely calm you in the car or your Praise Baby CD's can make you more patient when waiting for me to prepare your food. I hope you always have a love for music! Another favorite toy for you is paper. You love getting the ads from the mail, taking them all apart, and crumpling all the pages. It can seriously keep you occupied for many minutes! Unfortunately, you also love TV- especially watching football with your daddy. The lights, the music, and the action is just mesmerizing to you.
I just had to include this picture- go Cowboys!
This month you had your first tastes of vegetables and fruits and you love them! I am sooo thrilled because your Daddy and I love them too. You have had green beans, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, peas, white potatoes, broccoli, bananas, applesauce, and pears. The only one of these foods that I don't think you are too keen on is bananas. You didn't cry, and you ate some, but you just weren't too thrilled. Other than that, you eat like a little champion and I almost always have to go and get seconds for you. You are so cute when you open your little mouth so wide for the next bite. Feeding you is really one of the highlights of my day.
This month I have noticed a change in your trust and acceptance of new people. You are beginning to have the "stranger anxiety" that is quite normal for kids your age. You used to flash your smile to any and everyone that looked your way, but now you take a little longer to warm up to people. You sort of study them and then proceed to flash the grin. You still do really well in the church nursery or the gym nursery but I just notice it in public places like the grocery store where you used to charm everyone around you. I am glad you are developing this because I know it's for your safety. You definitely prefer to be in Mama's arms than anyone else. You constantly look for me when I'm not holding you and sometimes you even reach for me. I love this but I don't want you to only have eyes for me. Hopefully this is a phase that you will grow out of. There are so many people that love you and I want you to be able to enjoy them all. I know I am the most beautiful woman you have ever seen, but really, other people are great too...ha!!

Speaking of that smile, it has changed a little too! Still heart melting, just different. You used to have that classic open mouthed smile but you have developed somewhat of a cheesy smile where you squint your eyes, and smile more with your 2 little teeth showing. I find it funny that you decided to change it up!
Speaking of that smile, it has changed a little too! Still heart melting, just different. You used to have that classic open mouthed smile but you have developed somewhat of a cheesy smile where you squint your eyes, and smile more with your 2 little teeth showing. I find it funny that you decided to change it up!
I have to mention one more thing before I close. You have started doing something that people warned me about, that I prayed would never happen, but nonetheless I feared it would happen anyway....You pull off your bows!!! It doesn't happen everytime, but when it does oh the horror, the shame, the sadness I feel when I see that bow around your neck!! But, don't worry, I put it back on, scold you ruthlessly, and go on about my day. Hahaha. Actually, I am ok with it and I just know that this too is a phase you are going through. I know your Grandy is secretly cheering you on in this endeavor, but don't listen to him! You will be a bowhead if my life depends on it. :0)
Well, sweetest girl, I want you to know one thing. There is not one minute of my day that I wish to be doing anything other than staying home and raising you. You bring so much joy to my life! Happy 7 months little sister. I love you more than words can express!
XOXOXO,
Your Momma
2 comments:
Oh that Brinley, so cute and entertaining! Happy 7 month girl! This was about the time that Bekah started her what we called "scrunchy face" smile too! And about now is when she would pull off her bows as well, how funny! I love that picture of the two of you, so sweet : ).
happy 7 months, pretty girl!
Post a Comment