John played some mean peek-a-boo,
but he also made up this game that Brinley enjoyed...he called it crack the egg!
We got to see some other family that hadn't been able to meet Brinley yet but were dying to do so! On Friday night we went to dinner with my great aunt Mary Lou then spent some time visiting with her afterwards.
It was at her house that a monumental thing happened....Brinley's first laughter! It was the most precious thing I have ever heard, and it was all thanks to Mary Lou! It has yet to be repeated so we might just have to head back to Waco to hear that beautiful sound again! I am glad I had my camera to catch it on video- eat your heart out!
We went from there to catch the second half of my 3rd cousin (?) Jacob's football game. His Dad Keith is my Dad's cousin so I really don't know what that makes him to me. Anyhoo, it was raining and I went back and forth on feeling guilty for taking Brinley out in it, but she was dry and warm the entire time under and umbrella and my hooter hider. Who knew that thing could double as the perfect warm blanket for the Baby Bjorn? She was quite the trooper and I think she really liked all the bright lights and action before she fell asleep. It was the first of many football games in her life.

Mom came in on Saturday to see Brinley and we went shopping! Brinley is now set up with a precious winter wardrobe. Leave it to Mimi to deliver in that area!
We went back over to visit with Keith and Margie on Saturday night because we didn't get much talking or baby holding done at the game. Brinley got lots of lovin from the Hoeffners! Jacob, the football star, agreed to hold her. I was honestly surprised but he did a great job "guy holding" her. Doesn't he look comfortable? Ha ha!
Carolyn and her cousin Kristen were so sweet with Brinley. I think she liked them because they are "cool" high school girls.
What a great way to spend the weekend. Too bad Rocky couldn't be there...silly work!
3 comments:
OMG! So cute! You can't not laugh when you hear it!
HOLY COW that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!!!! brinley was laughing, you were laughing, mary lou was laughing, i was laughing, what a precious moment that you will never forget! oh my golly, i can't wait to get up there to dallas and hear it in person! you need to make a tape of her doing that so you can replay it, even when she is not there! or gosh, maybe you could just play this video again???
Oh, wamy! I've listened to the video multiple times...and it makes me smile & laugh out loud at my computer every time! Brinely is such a doll!
Post a Comment