All the cheering and action was enough to keep her occupied throughout the first 3 quarters. She loved sitting with Nan and cheering on her Uncle Corey and the Wolverines!
By the fourth quarter, we were rubbing eyes and starting to get fussy, so I pulled out the big guns to get her to sleep. I turned her around in her carrier, took her out of the stands away from the crowds, wrapped a burp cloth around her ears to muffle the sounds, and did some major bouncing and sushing. Score one point for Mommy!!

The Wolverines ended up winning the game! It was the first win over the Abbott Panthers in school history! We were so excited for Corey and their football team.
Saturday we woke up early (for a Saturday) to meet our good friends Auntie Erin and Uncie J for brunch. They were on their way to the Baylor game and had to stop in to see their favorite little 3 month old!
Don't you just wanna squeeze that tushy??
On Saturday afternoon our friends from HSU, Jared and Haley, came by for a visit. They were in town to watch the Rangers and the Cowboys. We were so glad they got to meet Brinley and hang out for a while.
Sunday was a big day of "firsts" around the Mc household! That morning was the first time Brinley slept without being swaddled. I was so nervous about this but I felt like it was time to give it a try since she had been kicking out of her swaddles and getting very frustrated with it for a few days now. I tried it at her first morning nap instead of at night so if it didn't go well, I wouldn't be up all night getting her to sleep. She took a while to calm her legs down and get still but she eventually fell asleep on her side! This is how we found her when we woke her up for church.
I am not going to completely retire the swaddle because it does do a good job of initially settling her down when we need it, but I was glad to see she could get to sleep without it!
Sunday was also Brinley's first day in the church nursery. She finally got to wear the dress Rocky and I bought her in Vegas. As you can see, she was very excited about this whole experience!
I was so proud of her! When I went to check on her between church and Sunday school she was asleep and when I went to pick her up she was just chillin in the rocking chair with one of the sweet nursery workers. What a relief- I hope she always likes the nursery.

Sunday afternoon my good friend Kellee drove down from Waco to meet Brinley for the first time. She was my childhood Paisano buddy and my first roomate at HSU. It was so good to catch up with her. I love how we can always pick up right where we left off.
Brinley loved her! She sat and talked to her the whole time she was holding her. Next time we hope Kellee brings her little gal Jenna to play!
Rocky was home all weekend which made it even better...it was his first weekend home in a while!!! He was chief photographer all weekend and didn't get in any of the pictures. We love having him home though!!
Another big first happened in the life of Miss Brin this weekend, but you'll have to wait for my next post to find out just what it was!! How's that for a teaser?
3 comments:
i love, love, love her church outfit!! too cute! what a fun weekend!!
ooo, that was a good teaser! love brinley's church shoes!
oh brinley looks so cute in that outfit you bought her! and gosh, i wonder what that first was, i should have read this before i talked to you on the phone today so i could get it out of you. i have one idea though . . .(teehee, and i love the colored coded words amy! so teachery of you!)
Post a Comment