We spent Labor Day weekend at Brownwood Lake this year. We had a blast spending time with family, playing, and relaxing in God's beautiful creation! This was Brinley's first trip to the lake and I think she liked it very much!
Verena and I always take long walks around the lake and now Brinley gets to come along too. We tried out the jogging stroller and it worked great!
We spent Sunday on the Crappie House (pronounced Croppie House, for those of you who don't know, its a dock on an island in the middle of the lake) It's a great place to swim and watch the boats go by. Brinley took her first boat ride out to the crappie house. She was not a huge fan of her life jacket. I mean doesn't it look comfortable to you?
Once we got there, Brinley did great! She was such a trooper all day and didn't really melt down until it was time to put the lifejacket back on to leave. She didn't get in the water but she loved watching all the action.
Surprisingly, she got a little scared when the boys were jumping off the top of the crappie house trying to catch a football. I guess the big splash scared her! All that watching wore her out so she even took a couple of good cat naps.
I think the rocking and sound of the water did the trick. Well, and some bouncing and lovin from Daddy helped as well!
He decided that he needed to try out her bed when she finished with it!
We always do a lot of good eating when we are at the lake. This time Grandy shared a new recipe for jalapeno poppers. Brinley helped Nan and I make them. 
She learned all you need to know about jalapeno peppers. Always wash your hands after dealing with them! We also work on our color words when we are cooking together. :0) So, these were a perfect example of green!
Rocky practiced taking pics on our camera while we were assembling poppers. He figured out how to take the shot where you focus on one thing and everything else in the background is blurry...then he forgot how he did it!
Brinley did not have a shortage of people to love on her and hold her constantly! She got to spend some good quality time with Daddy which doesn't happen near enough now with his work schedule. She thinks he is pretty cool (as do I).
Jay's girlfriend Courtney supported my bow habit!
Cousin Kayla was great with Brinley and a big help.
And Grandy got his turn too!
Rocky got to spend alot of time on the water with his cousin Jay. He hasn't been on the water much this summer but it all came right back to him. He borrowed Jay's snazzy helmet-
4 comments:
she is really starting to fill out!
those pics of rocky are awesome! and gosh, she changes every time i see a new picture of her! so pretty!
What a little doll! I mean Brinley, not Rocky, LOL. She has a gorgeous smile! Enjoy every second--it goes too, too fast.
Amy, Brinley's smile is just about the cutest thing I have ever seen! I just love these pics! She is so precious sitting in that funny chair (haha I forgot what they are called)....
Post a Comment