Thursday, September 10, 2009

3 months old!


Dear Sweet Brinley-
You are 3 months old today! Someone told me that 3 months was a golden month and I have to agree. I am so amazed and excited about how much you have grown and changed. I absolutely adore spending my days with you! You have the cutest personality and you are developing the funniest little quirks. I just love being your Mommy!
You have worked yourself into a beautiful little schedule, which does my heart good (thanks Babywise!). You eat every three hours, play and have your awake time, then get a little fussy and take a very short nap after that. You go to bed around 8:00 and sleep until around 5:00 or 6:00. I love the predictability of it, and I think you do too. You are a good little eater and you and I have finally gotten the hang of this breastfeeding thing. You still take a bottle of formula at night to fill up your tummy all the way, but that's the only one! You are growing so much. You don't have a doctor's appointment this month but I am sure you have gained weight. You don't look chunky because you are so long but I think you are positively perfect in every way.
You are fitting just right in your 0-3 month clothes and your size 1 diapers. I love to dress you up in all the little dresses and outfits I recieved as gifts at your showers. And of course, I love finding the perfect bow to complete the look!
One of my favorite outfits that I know you are about to outgrow!
Your hair has not fallen out and I actually think it might be growing a little. It kinda curls up over your ears and it's so cute! You are still wowing your dad and I with that sweet smile. You haven't giggled yet but I have a feeling that it is coming soon. Oh I just can't wait for that day! Your eyes are still dark blue, maybe they will stay that way. You are just precious, sweet girl.
Now, let's talk about wake time! Playing actually means something now. You love to sing with me or watch whatever I am watching on television. You love to kick your legs really hard while sitting in your bouncy seat. You also still love your ocean play mat. Now you can bat at the objects hanging down and sometimes I catch you hanging on to one with your tight little grasp. You have rolled onto your side but haven't quite managed to get all the way over yet. That pesky arm and shoulder are just getting in the way! You still love standing tall on those strong legs. You can really hold all your weight, you just need Daddy or I to steady you.
We try to read books but you are not too interested in sitting still enough to get through an entire one. That only happens right before bed. We always enjoy our daily walks in the stroller or Baby Bjorn (now you are facing the front!) You have started sitting in your Bumbo seat this month and now you can sit on the cabinet and help me cook! We have made cookies, salsa, and vegetable soup together so far. It is so fun to show you all the ingredients and talk about the colors and textures. Sometimes you just sit and watch me unload the dishwasher. I think you really like how big you feel sitting in that Bumbo...what a great creation!

We stay very busy and are often out of the house having playgroups or running errands around town. I love being out and about with you now because I know you will be content and pleasant during this wake time. Even if our errands or activities infringe on your nap, you are usually flexible enough to just sleep right where you are. I just love our days together and I am having so much fun!
I always know you are getting tired because you start talking very loudly. I say talking, but really you kinda moan and babble at the top of your lungs. I think it is your way of lulling yourself to sleep. Tonight you started doing it in Home Depot...it cracks your dad and I up! Like I said earlier, you take short naps...and I mean short! I am not sure why but I am not going to complain because you sleep so well at night. I guess you are a power napper like me. It doesn't leave me alot of time to myself during the day, but I don't mind it because I know it will only be this way for a little while. You still put up a fight when I put you in your bed for naps but you are getting better at this too. You don't cry or fight bedtime, just naps, so maybe you will start liking napping in your crib soon too. After your nap, no matter how short, you are happy and ready to go on with the day.

You have made one more discovery this month, your hands!
I get a huge kick out of watching you study them and stare at them for moments on end.
You are completely enthralled with them, and to be honest, I am too! I know those hands are going to go on to do great things one day, I can't wait to see what God has planned for them!

Well, little girl, you are a joy to have in my life. Your Daddy loves you too, so so much! I wish I could bottle you up and keep you this little and sweet forever but I know I can't. We are so proud of you and every little thing you accomplish. I love you more than words can express.


XOXOXO, Your Mommy

5 comments:

Cassie said...

what a sweet sweet post! for a sweet sweet girl! she really is too cute! be careful of the bumbo up high :)

rebekah l. louis said...

sweet pictures!

Amy Mc said...

Thanks for the warning Cassie! Trust me, I read the warnings and I am very careful to keep a watchful eye on her the entire time. I guess it's my rebellious side coming out or something... :0)

Jenny said...

oh amy, that's so precious! happy third month birthday brinley! i love the way you talk to her and tell her all the things she will just eat up when she gets older and can read it! : ) i too agree that the third month feels magical and i am so glad that you are experiencing it!

Marcie said...

Amy, I love reading these sweet little letters to Brinley. So special that you are keeping track of her development and all the fun things you do together! I know it will be so special for her later!