Monday, April 6, 2009

Am I Nesting?

Rocky and I finally had a couple nights at home this weekend so we decided to tackle Miss Brinley's nursery. First on the list was the changing table/drawers. It came to us a beautiful espresso brown. Since that is not my color of choice, 3 cans of spray paint later, it is now a beautiful black. It was not too hard to put together- Rocky and I made a great team! I inventoried the pieces and was sort of the scrub tech handing the right screws and tools at the right times. I actually enjoyed the process very much, weird I know! Sorry about my looming shadow in every picture, I'm still not very good with my camera.

Here is Rocky with the final piece- the drawer knobs.

And we're done! The baskets I had bought are a little tight but I think they will do just fine.


Saturday night we put the crib together. Isn't my hubby the cutest??

It was much easier than the changer! Here is the blind ophthalmologist surveying the parts- like the squint??

The finished product! I'm not loving the fact that the drop rail hardware is brown instead of black but I think I will get over it.


Here is how we left the nursery on Saturday night. I am still a little overwhelmed with the brightness of it even though parts of me love it. Hopefully when I get some other elements in place, like the bedding and stuff on the walls, I will get more comfortable.




Oh yeah, and I finally finished her quilt. It is by no means a technical success, but I think it looks good. I won't be entering it in any state fair quilt shows or anything but I am pretty proud of it regardless :0).

8 comments:

Christy said...

I lOVE the quilt. Beautiful Amy. You are so talented! I can't wait to meet Brinley. You are almost there!!!

ErinW said...

I love it! Love the baskets, love the crib, love the quilt, love the green walls. I think it's perfect and not too bright at all!

Kristen said...

I think the nursery looks great! I love the bright colors. Cant wait to see the finished product! (btw-you will love it once you have more things in the room. I had the same doubts about my nursery at first)

rebekah l. louis said...

looks great amy! and gotta love rocky's squit- i'm glad it is documented!

The Cochran Clan said...

What a cute nursery! I am in love with the quilt! You did such a great job! I love her furniture and the baskets look great with the black! Enjoy filling it with all her stuff!

rachel said...

It is coming together very cute! I love the quilt!

sara lindsey said...

The quilt is amazing! Love the nursery pics...keep 'em coming! Hope you're feeling well! You look great!

Jenny said...

The quilt is beautiful Amy, all that thinking and planning paid off! And i really like how the baskets are such bright colors! I can't wait to see the finished product! Guess it's a good thing you got a pic of that squint, you won't see it for much longer!