Yesterday I had my doctor's appointment to learn more about BBB or Big Baby Brinley. Well, come to find out, the name isn't as appropriate as we once thought! I first went in for a more techical sonogram with the actual sonographer. She did all the measurements and found out that she isn't really as big as Dr. Blair had thought. Her head is a little big for her gestational age (Rocky isn't surprised :0)) but the rest of her body is pretty normal! Wow, that was a shocker! I left the sono feeling very thankful that she is in the normal range but very confused as to how my doctor could have been so off track. I think he might have been just looking at the head size and assuming the rest of her body followed suit. I also know he doesn't do sonograms all the time and the equipment he was using wasn't as good as what I had yesterday. So, anyways, right now Brinley is in the 61st percentile for her body and like the 85th-90th for her head. She weights approximately 4.9 lbs. That is no small baby but not as gigantor as I once believed.
Here is a profile shot of the little darlin and her big noggin. She is once again being completely uncooperative and putting her hand on her face.
After the sono, I met with the PA instead of the doctor and she measured my belly with the measuring tape to find that I was at 32 weeks just like I am supposed to be. Once again, I was shocked by this because last week my doctor and the resident that was shadowing him measured me at 23 weeks. Maybe they had a slight bought with dyslexia?? I really have no clue but I just trust Rocky when he says it is all an unexact science. I mean really, can anyone agree here? Luckily, the sonographer saw again that she was for sure a girl so there won't be any surprises in that one! I asked the PA about the gestational diabetes and she said she didn't have any concerns that I might have it because Brinley is of normal size and my first glucose test was completely normal, not even on the borderline of diabetic. She said Dr. Blair might still want to test me again to be sure but she didn't think I needed it. I am going back in to see him next week, so we will see what he says then.
So, anyways, thanks for the prayers. I just feel like all this is once again a test in trusting God to take care of me and my baby. He is always teaching me that over and over! I guess He really means what He says in His Word!! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:
Post a Comment