The title of this post is a bit of a throwback to college days. Usually it was parent's weekend, but we had a whole week! After we got moved in, the parents started coming in full force! It was the week of spring break, and since the majority of our parents are teachers, they all had time off. We are blessed with 8 parents in total so we had all the help we needed. First off was Daddy with the trundle bed for our guest bedroom. I didn't get any pics of him, bad blogger! He also helped us get some of the things leftover in the apartment. Thanks Dad!
The next morning he left and Verena (Rocky's Mom) came to our aide. She worked so hard- she really amazed me. I don't think she stopped all day long- and even in to the night if she wasnt finished with the task. I was so glad she fixed my rattling refrigerator and leaky washing machine! She also tore up carpet, worked in the yard, and painted quarter round molding! Thanks Verena!

After Verena, came my mom, Sandy. Her goals were to paint the changing table and the nursery. After much stress with Home Depot, she accomplished her goals as well as planting some flowers and potted herbs for our yard! She also got in on a little floor demolition. Here is the color of Brinley's room- I love it, so bright and cheery! Thanks Mom!

Rocky's Dad Royce and step mom Donna filed in next. They actually overlapped with my mom's visit. Their goal was the floors...oh my, the floors! They brought all their tools which helped tremendously!
Rocky was post call on Friday but came home and immediately got to work. I was so proud of him! Our good friends, the Warminski's came in to lend a hand. Johnathan had laid floors in his house so he was a huge help! They got alot done but decided to call it a night a little early so everyone could recover from the past few days.
Bright and early Saturday morning, we got to work! I decided to join in on the work on Saturday afternoon. Donna and I made a great team! I did the holding, she did the whacking (I really enjoyed pretending like I worked hard throughout this entire moving process!)
We finally finished up laying the boards on Saturday evening. Donna cooked a feast for everyone and Macie and Corey came over to join the fun. I don't think they were expecting to be put to work grilling!
Here is the before and after of the floors-
Living/ Dining Room Before
After! (this is the best pic I had without furniture)
Hallway after
After everyone left, I was able to start unpacking, and that is where I am today! Still unpacking boxes! When I get everything viewable, I will post pics of the house.
Thanks again to all of our wonderful supportive family and friends for helping us move into our first home! We couldn't have done it without you!







4 comments:
Looks fantastic guys! Can't wait to see it in person someday =)
The floors look awesome! It makes the room look so much bigger- I love it!
Your floors are soooo pretty!!! Dad and I put down new floors too, so I feel your pain. Can't wait to see more photos of your beautiful house!
It's beautiful Amy!
Post a Comment