Friday, April 24, 2009

School Shower


Wednesday started off my "string of showers" with my first shower at school! It was a lot of fun and a bit overwhelming. I have never been a shy girl but for some reason having all eyes on you and being the center of attention is a little nerve racking. It was so great to see some old friends and to celebrate with my current co-workers. I got some wonderful gifts- everyone was so generous and kind. I only got choked up once as I was thanking them for their support over the years. I know staying home with Brinley is what I am supposed to do, and my job can be really hard at times, but I love the people I work with and I will miss them all very much.

Here's me with all the loot. No, the beach backdrop was not painted in my honor, it is always in our library.

Shelby and Jen- My wonderful team and half of the hostesses.
My original team that got me through my first year of teaching- Priscilla and Sara. It was so good to see them!


My good school buddies Becky and Lucy. Lucy and I used to carpool when we lived in Dallas.


This is just one of the pics of me opening my gifts and making some really funny faces. I picked this one because it was the best of them...some of them were really bad!

I absolutely died over these bloomers with her name embroidered on them! Good thing I already have a pink bow to go with them!

Here are some of the cute decorations:

Jen planted my favorite flower, gerbera daisies, in our Southern Living Home planters. The hostesses also spent lots of time making these personalized chocolate bars with Brinley's monogram on them.

Gretchen made these cute little onesies for a very useful decoration.

They served this yummy punch that is a favorite of my team. We have served it at other showers and parties. It is so easy that I just had to share. I like to call it "Pondwater Punch" but I guess to make it a little more dainty they call it Lemonade Tea Punch.

1 bottle Nestea
1 bottle Lemonade or 1 tub Crystal Light Lemonade
1 bottle Ginger Ale

Float some lemons and ice in it and call it a day. Easy and delicious.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Amy, I love the bloomers too- Katelyn got a pair too and she can still wear them :)

Not sure if I told you or not, but I can't make it to your shower on May 2nd. Jared's sis will be in Austin. I'm so bummed I'm going to miss it. There is nothing quite like celebrating the upcoming arrival of a little one with an expecting mommy! You are going to be a great mom!