Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pregnancy Progression- 33 Weeks



Alright, so I have learned that at 33 weeks is when the anxiety attacks set in. I mean really, I am NOT ready for Baby Brinley to arrive! My showers begin this week, which I am very excited about, but I am a little overwhelmed with all I need to do to get prepared.
I went to the doctor yesterday to have yet another sonogram. And guess what????!! HE STILL THINKS SHE IS BIG. He knows what last week's sonogram said but he is sticking with his guns on this one. He said that he hopes he is wrong but from all he sees, he doesn't think he is. He is no longer concerned that I have gestational diabetes because everything else looks good. He said that I am healthy and she is healthy so he isn't really worried , but he wants to keep a close eye on her growth. Therefore, he wants to start seeing me TWICE a week with a sono each time! Oh wow, this is not what I was expecting and will definitely throw a kink in my plans of taking 3 weeks off school to rest and relax. He mentioned inducing if she is still growing, so I might have a baby before June 9! There is no way to plan for this and it is killing me.
Before I go, I just want to take a quick second to defend my big teddy bear of a doctor. I know that my last post made him out to seem like somewhat of an idiot, but he really isn't. I just think all this weight and measurement stuff is so inexact and there is no way to really know what that baby is going to be like until she comes out! He told me that he has believed that a woman was having a 10 lb baby all through a pregnancy just to meet a 7 lb baby the day he was born and vice versa. He was very reassuring and I truly believe he is taking good care of me and Brinley. I am also very thankful to know that he is a christian who has an active prayer life and relationship with God. He told me not to worry, so that I what I am going to try to do.
Anyways, will she be BBB (Big Baby Brinley) or NBB (Normal Baby Brinley)? Stay tuned to find out!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

You look great Amy! What a blessing that you have a fabulous OB that you trust to help guide you as you make decisions. I know this little tidbit is just an anecdote, not proven fact, but here it is anyway. I can name 4 or 5 friends that have been induced because their doctors just knew their babies were huge. All of them ended up with 7 pounders! And on the flip side, my doctor never said he thought Doak was big and I didn't consider that it was a possibility since Addie was 6lbs 6oz. We were shocked when Doak was born and weighed 9lbs 8oz. I agree with you that there's no certain way to know until the baby arrives!

Unknown said...

WAMY--you are too adorable! prayers for your peace and your preparations! i'm so excited that miss brinley will be making her debut soon (not too soon)... oh, how exciting! xoxo