The arrived early Saturday morning, and after a breakfast taco brunch, Vaughanie and I took the girls to get pedicures at a local nail shop. They were so excited to pick their color- and you know pink and sparkles were at the top of that list!
Cheers to toe nail polish!
I chose this shop because they have little girls pedicure chairs. The girls loved it!
Vaughanie and Ava
It was high tide at the nail shop and a beached whale slipped in by Brinley...I guess I feel like the moment should be documented and one day it won't bother me so much. She is absolutely adorable with her cheesy smile so it helps the pic a little. Ok, moving on...
The finished little toesies! They both got pink with sparkles and a flower art on their big toe.
We decided to just stick around the house and grill out that evening. The girls did great playing outside on the back porch with sidewalk chalk and redneck basketball (an old easter bucket and ping pong type balls- Bozo the Clown flashbacks were heavy). Then it was bedtime for them and adult time for us! Little Connor was here the whole day too but he was mainly sleeping or having Daddy time while we took the girls out. He will surface more in a minute...poor little guy needs Cason to get here quick so he has a running buddy!
On the agenda for Sunday morning was the Abilene Zoo! You know, I mock Abilene at times for our miniature versions of many metroplex attractions, but I am pretty happy with our zoo. It's nice to get in and out without crowds or lines in about an hour, and we have some cool animals too. So there, I like it. :0)
There is Mr. Connor! He helped us test out the sit and stand stroller that we are borrowing from them (or the Burkharts? Not sure...) Brinley was all about the new stroller and demanded to be strapped in the entire time.
First stop was the zoo train! Brinley has been drooling to ride this ever since we first went to the Abilene Zoo, and she waited for Ava to take her first ride. From what I hear, it did not disappoint! Unfortunately, this preggo did not think the zoo train would be the most comfy ride, so Vaughanie and I let the Daddies take this one.
Another highlight of the trip was feeding the fish.
Look at these well trained fish!! Creepy!! They are so used to being fed handfuls of food at a time from excited kids that they all gather up together and keep their mouths open the entire time. It's definitely an easy shot. It really gets crazy when the ducks come and pretty much walk on top of the wall of fish. EEEWWW!
The last highlight of the zoo trip was feeding the giraffes. They only do this on weekends and school holidays so, again, Brinley had been chomping at the bit to do it. But of course she was not brave enough to put the cracker on the giraffe's long black tongue (don't know if I blame her on this one) so Daddy got roped into it. Score one more for the pregnant lady!
Brinley and Ava had so much fun! "Cheese!!!"
And that can be said for the entire weekend with the Seamans! We are so glad they made the trip. We are so blessed to have them as friends and we will do our darndest to make sure that Brinley and Ava get to make many more memories together as the years go by- no matter the distance!
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing these pics, I have been wanting to hear more about the trip and see pics! I don't know what to comment on first because I still have visions of that long black tongue and those gross open mouthed fish, yuck! But, the girls looked like they had so much fun and I am so glad a great weekend was had by all! Happy to hear that the stroller lives on too! Yay! Now, if only us Burkharts could get in an Abiline visit, all these visits are making me wish we had one lined up too!
Post a Comment