Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Brinley 3.25

Sweet little Brinley girl.  She really keeps us on our toes, laughing, smiling, and in awe every single day.  Today she is officially 3.25, which sounds so old!  Here is a little about Brinley these days.


Life has been very different for her since we moved to Abilene.  She still asks every now and then to go back to our old house or Coppell and I know that she really misses her friends.  She loves Callie, but other than her, we don't have any other close friends her age that we spend our days with.  I know she longs for the interaction with children because the minute she gets it, she is so happy. 
 
We have started gymnastics and she will go to bible study next week, so not only does this give her a chance to be with Callie, she will also be able to meet some new friends.  I am praying she loves it.

But, no matter where we are, she is still the same Brinley on alot of levels. She still loves to read and be read to.  We have just gotten into the Fancy Nancy books because we borrowed some from the library.  She also still loves all the "If You Give a ____ a____" books. 

Her creativity amazes me.  She is still napping every day but she spends the first hour or so in her room playing with her stuffed animals and acting out all types of scenarios.  She has started making up stories about Ava or Bekah and the things they have said or done together.  This is probably subliminally a way of coping with the loss of her friends, but either way, it's quite entertaining.
 
She loves to pretend to be a princess or a ballerina.  She still sings all.the.time. and makes up her own words to narrarate her life. 
 
She loves to do art projects, draw, and color.  I am still amazed by her drawings and I love them. 
This is the current one that just slays me.  We were in the waiting room at the doctor and she started to draw.  She said, "This is a baby jelly fish and she is sad because she can't find her mommy and daddy."  Then she proceeded to draw the Mommy and Daddy.  I think it's the frowny face that gets me the most. 
 
She also loves to draw veggie tales characters.  Here is Franken Celery, from the "Where is God When I'm Scared" video.  Not too shabby!
 
She has started showing more interest in athletic endeavors, which we love and try to encourage.  One day I heard Rocky outside cheering for her.  I went out and found her running "sprints" up and down the backyard with Rocky timing her.  I am not sure who was more excited, but she kept wanting to do it again and again.  And yes, we are officially rednecks because we let our child play in the backyard in her undies.  What can I say?


She loves to go out and play golf with Rocky.  This picture was so funny to me because it shows her slight competitive side.  She wanted to putt the ball, but she would place it right on the edge of the cup and knock it in. 
She also became quite the little swimmer over the past couple of months.  She has always been a scared and cautious child, but then all of the sudden, the light turned on and she was completely confident in her ability to kick her legs and get around the pool on her own.  Of course she does wear her life jacket diligently, which I am grateful for. 
The best thing about Brinley is her sweet little heart.  She is very in tune with people emotions and often asks why characters in books are frowning or what is wrong with Daddy if he is squinting (which looks like a frown).  She has so much love to give people.  I hope she always stays this way.

Almost every day she asks me to snuggle.  Really, its a request I absolutely cannot turn down. 
I am so blessed to be this little girl's mommy and have the priviledge of watching her grow up into the big girl God has created her to be!  She is the best daughter I could ask for and I know she is going to be the best big sister!

3 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

sweet sweet!

Jenny said...

oh amy, what a doll, as always! we are loving the videos too, keep posting them, it makes bekah soooo happy to see her friend in a movie! it was too cute to watch her face when she heard that brinley was talking to her on the phone! she goes,, "i'm on the highest mountain???!!" like she was really considering it! teehee! brinley sure is good at pretending, i wish our girls could pretent together, but in the meantime, these stories are so fun and i think the girls get alot from them,coping wise! : )

Haley said...

Oh Amy, I'm loving the redneck races in the backyard! And what a yard it is! Freakin' huge! Yall are going to have so much fun in that yard! Brinley is a doll, happy 3 1/4 birthday Brinley!