Monday, September 24, 2012

Showering Cason

I was so blessed to have a sweet little shower for Cason this past weekend. 
Both of Rocky's future partner's wives as well as 2 ladies that I have known almost my entire life threw it for me and it was so nice.  L to R- Sandy McGraw, Gail Thames, Preggo, Jane Wiggins, and Kim Phelan.
I felt very overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and generosity especially since this is my second baby!  Every little detail was so sweet.  I loved the little stuffed animals with Brinley and Cason's name on them.  And all the yummy food!!
They really made an effort to make Brinley feel special and she ate it up.  I let her wear her Big Sis dress that she will wear when she goes to the hospital to meet him.  I figured getting 2 wears out of it was a good idea. :0)

 I was also so happy to have all the grandmothers and great grandmothers present to celebrate our little man.  Here I am with my grandmothers- Memo, Granny, and MawMaw. 
 Our 4 Moms- Nan, Nonna, Mimi, and Bebe.  Our children are so loved and it is such a blessing.
 I don't have a truckload of friends in Abilene, and alot of my friends were at the Women of Faith conference in Dallas this weekend, but a few came to show the love.  Lindy, Ashlee, and Kaely. They are a mix of high school and college friends. Kaely and her husband are building a home in our neighborhood and I am soooo excited!
 Me and my non smiling gal.  She really was happy, it's funny that this pic doesn't show it!
And every good shower recap needs pictures of opening the gifts. 
There are some really bad ones, and if my self esteem were higher I would post them, but I currently can't handle the double chins and awkward faces so here are a couple of the better ones. 
I just want everyone to notice the sweat I am experiencing...and it wasn't even that hot in there.  It is seriously the worst pregnancy symptom I have experienced!!
Again, I was so blown away by how sweet and generous everyone was.  I definitely have everything I need for Mr. Cason now.  I feel so blessed!

2 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

great shower! love cason's elephant... simon gives a thumbs up. :)
and brinley's big sis DRESS is adorable!
so sweet that all the women in your family got to represent!

Jenny said...

yay for celebrating cason! so happy to see pics from his special day! as you know, i wish i could have been there! oh and you look really pretty in purple btw!