Well, here I am just 4 weeks from my due date. I can't believe we are already here, with talks of head down, dialation, and all that other fun stuff!
I had a doctor's appointment today and they checked me. I am only at a 1 but he is head down and "engaged"...whatever that means. I asked her if saying those things meant she thought I would deliver early and she said no, it's all right on schedule for now.
She did decide to do a sono today because I am measuring small...for the first time in.my.life!!! I have to say I was a bit flattered at first- haha! No, really, I know that isn't necessarily a good thing, so I was glad she was on the ball and did the sono. Turns out that everything is completely normal, healthy, and fine. She said I must just be hiding that baby in there somewhere. His head is measuring really big (familial curse, haha) and he is already weighing around 6 lbs. This means he would be around 8-9 lbs at birth. Just like Miss Brinley. She said I have a "proven pelvis" so that size doesn't concern her but we will just keep an eye on him. Woo hoo! Everything is just about ready for his arrival, so I am feeling good. Here is the finished quilt. I also did a bed skirt, but you will just have to wait for the nursery post to see it all together. I also whipped out his birthday banner last night. I was too lazy to go in and flip the pic, so you will just have to crane your neck to see it correctly. I love the way it turned out! I know that I am in nesting mode because I have been super productive lately. They should really try to bottle these hormones and sell them, nesting is a supernatural and amazing thing. In the midst of feeling tired and uncomfortable, you can get so much done!
Physically I am feeling better now that the weather has cooled down a bit and I can have time to relax a little with the nursery done. Not as many sweaty episodes. :0) I can tell he is head down because I have the "sharp, make you drop to your knees" pains in my groin every now and then and I have to pee all the time. It's all worth it though, to know that this little guy is cooking away, hiding from everyone for a few more weeks!
1 comment:
love the birthday banner! What a fun tradition! And I can't wait to see the nursery, I'm sure it will be amazing!
Post a Comment