Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Moving In

Well, I left off in a bit of a sad state with the movers packing us up.  It was hard to say goodbye, but once we got in the new house, we were so busy there was no time to think about missing Dallas.  Our new life in the "country" was calling!  We drove in Friday night and stayed with Royce and Donna in Baird, then headed to the house bright and early Saturday morning to meet the movers.  Our very best moving buddies, Erin and Jeremy were there and ready to help. 
I am seriously so grateful for these best friends of ours.  I don't think I could move without them!  We took a little break in the midst of the unpacking to enjoy a celebratory Diet DP and some lunch.
After a long day of unpacking, we went to pick up Brinley.  She had been with Royce and Donna all day.  It was late and she was tired, but she was anxious to see her new house.
 Here is her room, set up as best as we could for the time being.  We tried to get everything out in there so she would feel familiar. 
And then she checked out the upstairs playroom to make sure all of her toys had arrived.  She was very happy.
 After a good nights rest, we were back to unpacking the next day!  Rocky made Brinley a tunnel out of boxes to play in.  Anything to keep her entertained!
 She loved it!
Rocky went back to Dallas on Sunday night to work his last week at Parkland.  Thanks so much to the Warminskis for letting him rent a room for the week!  We had lots of visitors to help the next week pass by.  Courtney, Carson, and Callie came over for a bit to break in the playroom. 
 Then Mimi came the next day to help out.  Sorry I didn't get any better picture than this, Mimi.  Or should I say, Pretty Pretty Princess Mimi.
She helped me paint and distress our hutch and I love how it turned out!  This is the only pic I have of it right now.  Rocky and Princess Brinley were twirling. :0)
 Many of you have asked to see pictures of our home, and as much as I want to wait until it's all perfect, I know good and well that it won't be perfect for quite a few months.  So, here is a shot of our living/kitchen area to satisfy your cravings for the time being.  That is our new couch that I love, but very soon there will be drapes (I was testing out some on the left window that are too short), a new side sofa table, a new area rug, and more pillows on the couch. 
Here is a shot of Rocky and Brin flying a kite in our backyard.  I just wanted to give you a glimpse of the sheer enormity of it!!  Seriously, what are we going to do with all that space?
Flying a kite is quite possibly going to be only the bright side of living in an extremely windy part of the world.  The dark side would be ruining the brand new gate on your brand new fence because you didn't close it and the wind slammed it shut so hard that it knocked the hardware and bolts completely off.  Seriously.
I will close with my view of this gorgeous west Texas sunset through our back door.  It isn't the best pic, but it captures the beauty.  We are blessed to be in A Town and even though it is going to take some getting used to, we look forward to making this house our home!

6 comments:

The Owen Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Owen Family said...

Your house is beautiful and I can't wait to see more pictures as you continue to decorate! I've been thinking about y'all, so I'm glad you are adjusting! (my last comment had some errors, so I had to delete it, hehe)

Kristie said...

So exciting! And I think we have the same couch!! :)

Jenny said...

yay! you gave the people what they wanted, pictures of your gorgeous new home! thank you! we just have to picture you somewhere, you know? so this is good, i've got visions of beaitiful kitchens, spacious playrooms, acres of backyard fun and crashing gates, teehee! miss y'all so much! bekah talks about ava and brinley every day!

Meve & Co. said...

so fun! did you receive my text fri evening? we were in A town too! we stopped and ate at Jason's Deli.:)

the bowlin family said...

the house is beautiful!! thanks for a few pictures. :) can't wait to see more.