Brinley Winley, Brinsters, Brinley Jane...you are 23 months old today!
This month has been…interesting! You are definitely taking on your status as a 2 year old a few months early. I love the personality, humor, understanding, and passion it is bringing on…but the stubbornness, independence, and emotional rollercoaster riding has been hard, I’m not gonna lie! I see that you are growing some new teeth so I think some of your sour moods can be blamed on that, but I also think you are just growing up and figuring out your little place in this world. No matter what, I am so grateful to be a part of every second, the good and bad!
So, in 23 month old Brinley fashion, here is how our photo session this morning went down...
Mommy: "Hey Brinley, will you go sit down on your chair and let me take your picture?"
Brinley: "no!"
Mommy: "How about if I give you a sticker? Will you sit and take a picture if I give you this fun star and rainbow sticker?"
Brinley: "yes!"

Mommy: "oh man, I can't see your monthly sticker! Let's move it and take one more."
Brinley: "no!!!" (fit occurs...)


Mommy: "Ok, well here, here's your sticker. Now smile!"
So much for our 23 month photo. At least it shows the true phase we are in!

So, besides saying no, what are you up to this month? hahaha
This month has been…interesting! You are definitely taking on your status as a 2 year old a few months early. I love the personality, humor, understanding, and passion it is bringing on…but the stubbornness, independence, and emotional rollercoaster riding has been hard, I’m not gonna lie! I see that you are growing some new teeth so I think some of your sour moods can be blamed on that, but I also think you are just growing up and figuring out your little place in this world. No matter what, I am so grateful to be a part of every second, the good and bad!
So, in 23 month old Brinley fashion, here is how our photo session this morning went down...
Mommy: "Hey Brinley, will you go sit down on your chair and let me take your picture?"
Brinley: "no!"
Mommy: "How about if I give you a sticker? Will you sit and take a picture if I give you this fun star and rainbow sticker?"
Brinley: "yes!"
Mommy: "oh man, I can't see your monthly sticker! Let's move it and take one more."
Brinley: "no!!!" (fit occurs...)
Mommy: "Ok, well here, here's your sticker. Now smile!"
So much for our 23 month photo. At least it shows the true phase we are in!
So, besides saying no, what are you up to this month? hahaha
What are your favorite foods?
chick-fil-a chicken strips and carrot salad
burritos
rice
broccolli and carrots
pretzels, goldfish, and raisins or craisins in your snack cup
cottage cheese with blackberries and strawberries
cheese of all types
pancakes
pineapple
cantaloupe
macaroni and cheese
dippy- anything you can dip into!
popsicles- a new one this month thanks to Bebe!
kitchen and play food
reading- your favorite books are Pancakes for Breakfast, Butterfly's Bath, and The Little Lamb
paints and coloring books
little people zoo
instruments
puzzles
my baby
froggy and new one
What else do you enjoy doing?
I love to be outside. My new favorite thing is watering the plants.
I love spending time with my friends. Some of my besties that I see often right now are
Mina- my friend that speaks japanese. Her mommy is in my mommy's esl class at church.
Callie- she lives in Abilene but I just saw her and we had lots of fun together. Mommy thinks we could be twins!
And of course...Ava Woo Woo! I love playing with her at the park, or the YMCA, Chickfila, or the Grapevine Rec Center. Oh, that's where I do another one of my favorite things- the bounce house!
As mommy already said, I am becoming quite independent. I like to try to put on my own shoes, buckle myself into my car seat, walk up and down stairs without help, and get in and out of my swing.
I like to find the trash trucks and school buses as we drive along. I am quite observant!
Even though I can be a toot, I am still really sweet and I love to give kisses and hugs. This month I have started holding mommy's face with both hands and planting a big kiss on her lips.
I like to have my boo-boo's kissed.
I love to sing! My favorite song is the ABC song but I also love Twinkle Twinkle, Ring Around the Rosies, and The Muffin Man.
I like to watch TV- my favorite shows are Super Why and Curious George.
I can retell events that have happened and tell Daddy about my day. I have a really good memory!
I can look forward to tomorrow. This can be a big motivating factor for me- "Tomorrow we will go to the Y and play with Ava Woo Woo, so we have to go to bed now to be ready!"
I know all my letters, sounds, and colors.
What do you talk about?
EVERYTHING! I am speaking better in phrases. My new phrases are-
"no, mine!"
"Brinley do it"
"bye, guys!"
"I miss you"
"blah blah blah green cup" (I want to use the green cup)
"hey Mommy!"
"Mommy's all done!"
"I gonna getchoo!"
"I do! I do!"
Have you been in trouble at all?
Um, yeah! This month has been my most troublesome. I like to say "no" to my Mommy and that has provided a couple of dates with the sad spoon. Now, all it takes is one threat of the sad spoon and I am back in line! As I like to say, "All done spanking!" Many times you can find me pouting over something or holding something tight and saying "mine". I test my boundaries alot but if Mommy says, "Brinley, obey." I know she means business. I am just have to see what I can get away with!
Is there anything you don't like?
I don't like being told to stop doing something I am enjoying, or leaving a place I like. I also don't like going to bed right now. I cry for about a minute everytime- naps or nighttime- but then I am fine and happily lay there until I go to sleep. I also don't like the vaccuum cleaner again. This month I had my first nightmare and it was about the vaccuum! I woke up in the middle of this night and when Mommy came to check on me I said, "Mommy all done vaccuum cleaner! Put in kitchen!"
Through it all sweet sister, you are still my best girl. I am so proud of you and I love you more than words can express!
XOXO, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment