Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

We spent Thanksgiving weekend with the fam in Abilene this year. We had a great time but I forgot my camera- so all my pics are from the iPhone. And honestly, I lost my zest for picture taking since I didn't have my beloved Nikon. So, not much documenting even though we had a great time with Papa, Bebe, Uncle John, Uncle David, Uncle Blake, Granny and Mary Lou!


I did make sure to document our participation in the Turkey Trot bright and early Thanksgiving morning. It was FREEZING! David, John, Rocky and I were "Team Lampert" and Dad and Brinley were the cheering section. They walked around the stadium waiting for us to finish.

I was really proud that Rocky and I ran the entire thing since I haven't been running at all since my 10k in June. Brinley did not have the best of times- a mixture of tiredness, missing Mommy, and freezing to death made for quite a tearful 31 minutes away from me.
But after some warm cuddles and a little snack, things started looking up!


Here we are- Team Lampert! David got 3rd overall, I think he ran the entire thing in like 18 minutes. Ridiculous! Again, note Brinley's distaste with the whole picture taking idea.

After the race, we came home and warmed ourselves by the fire that Papa made in the fireplace. It was Brinley's first fire and she seemed to like it alot! I have so many good memories of fires in the fireplace with my Daddy!
It wasn't quite time for lunch yet, but Brin was getting really hungry, so we distracted her with a little sing a long with Papa and his guitar. She loved it and was amazed that Papa knew how to play her favorite songs!

The distraction didn't last long, and it was obvious that Brinley was not going to be able to enjoy the Thanksgiving meal with all the family, so she had her own little version in the kitchen before her nap. I think she liked the cranberry jello salad that Granny made best of all!

After lunch and naps, we headed over to Baird to see Daddy Roy and Nonna. They were at Donna's parents, PawPaw and MawMaw's house. Brinley loved eating the pecans they were shelling and the fresh pears off their trees. She also loved playing with Daddy Roy!

The next morning, Thanksgiving was over and Christmas had begun! Bebe got out the "girly" tree for Brinley to decorate. She loved the pearls!

Then it was time for some early Christmas gifts- a new tiara, necklaces, a purse and a flower headpiece. And of course a princess Little People set. She's not spoiled or anything...

And to kick off the Christmas season, we went to visit Old Saint Nick at the Abilene mall. I will leave you with this photo to fill your heart with Christmas cheer...

Thanks for a great weekend Papa and Bebe!

4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

awesome santa pic- that's how they are supposed to look! glad you guys had a good thanksgiving.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the update on your Thanksgiving, way to go with the run Amy! And that picture of Brinley definitely made me laugh out loud! Rebekah is right, that is how they are supposed to be! As always, loved all her outfits!

Haley said...

hahaha, that Santa picture made me laugh! Good job on the race too. Speaking of, there is a resolution race 5K on January 1st in our neighborhood- any takers???

Amy Mc said...

Totally Haley! That sounds like alot of fun!