Saturday morning included a yummy breakfast and some hard core playing around the house with all of the fun toys. Brin took a major liking to this stuffed Mickey. I think she liked him because she wears a diaper with him on it each night. We don't have Disney channel, so that is all I can think of!
She also had fun with all the other stuffed animal friends lying around....and with her Daddy!
She even kicked it old school and played with a Smurf!
Rocky's brother Corey and his wife April graduated with the Master's Degrees on Saturday, so Rocky, Royce and Donna went to the ceremonies. Congrats!
Brinley and I decided to stay home with Korey and Macie instead of making the drive and struggling to be quiet during a ceremony. We had a fun day of relaxing and hanging out! Auntie Macie got some soft blanket snuggle time...
then things turned really funny!
Sunday was the big family celebration. Ryan and Danya came from Austin Saturday night, and Corey and April came in from Waco that morning. The gang was finally all together!
We always play lots of games and the competition is fierce. Here's Rocky playing the arcade shooting game...but I was the overall winner!! haha
Corey and Rocky practiced their pulls on the slot machine.
A new addition to the competitive line up was the basketball hoop shoot. Only Ree and Nonna would actually have this game in their house!! :0) So fun!
I must say the winning stopped here for me.
Brinley liked watching her cousin dog Pumpernickel try to catch the basketballs as they rolled down the net.

Another tradition of the McChristmas is to guess how much money is in the jar. Brinley was very interested in this said jar...

So she just took it away from Uncle Ryan...

and checked it out for herself! I guess she sent me some good luck charms-

because I won! And I got to keep every penny of that $36.14!

Brinley was the first to open her big gift from Santa Ree (Roy).

A shiny new tricycle! She can't pedal just yet, so we pushed her around the house to get a feel for the ride. I am sure she will be pedaling before we know it, though!
So she just took it away from Uncle Ryan...
and checked it out for herself! I guess she sent me some good luck charms-
because I won! And I got to keep every penny of that $36.14!
Brinley was the first to open her big gift from Santa Ree (Roy).
A shiny new tricycle! She can't pedal just yet, so we pushed her around the house to get a feel for the ride. I am sure she will be pedaling before we know it, though!
She loved it, then Daddy took her outside for a little spin on the street. One quick stop later, Brin was on the concrete and Daddy felt really bad... :0( oops.
So, we strapped on the helmet, that should have been on all along, and got right back on. Brinley wasn't too thrilled about this but she warmed back up to it eventually.
Santa helped make everything better. Daddy Roy pushed her back and forth to and from Santa over and over again.
Soon after, it was present opening time for everyone!
Brinley caught on to ripping open the paper like a champ! That tongue always comes in handy to help her concentrate.
Then came stockings, and Brinley got a special treat of baby goldfish crackers- which she enjoyed right away!
Daddy Roy and Nonna give the best presents!!
After gifts, we had to take the opportunity to get a family photo- Granddogs and all!!
And quickly, we were all done with pictures!
After a delicious steak dinner and all the celebrating was over, we bundled up...
and capped off the night with a trip around the neighborhood to look at the "peery" Christmas lights.
1 comment:
Me and Ree say - wish we could do it all over again! What a great Christmas!!
Post a Comment