Sunday, October 24, 2010

Parents Night Out!

This weekend was a busy one for Rocky and I. Verena came into town to visit Brinley and it was perfect timing! She was the perfect babysitter for all of our "parents only" activities. I know they had lots of fun together, but I didn't get any pics because I was never there! So, here is one Rocky snapped on Saturday before we left. Look, she's bow-less!!


Our first activity on Saturday night was a Ophthalmology party at Dr. Winslow's home. He is a retired retina surgeon that comes up to Parkland to help out the residents and mentor them. He loves sports and is highly competitive, so he and his wife planned the "Winslow Decathalon" where each class competes against each other in a series of challenges. Rocky's class took this very seriously and even had team shirts!

The first competition was ping pong and the 2nd years ruled! We have had some practice tourneys over at our house but this ping pong table was definitely superior to ours!

Some of the other competitions were free throw shooting, football toss, push ups, hula hooping (which I can proudly say that I won for our team!) and this yoga move called the crow pose. It was very challenging and you had to stay in it for 8 seconds. Of course, Rocky and a few other guys made it look very simple.
In the end, the 2nd years dominated the competition! They even received these fancy certificates for their achievement.


It was a very fun way to start off the evening. I am so grateful that Rocky has such wonderful people to work with each day!


After the party we headed to Fort Worth to meet up with some couple friends- including the Burkharts! They were in town visiting so we took advantage and had dinner to celebrate Jenny's birthday!


It was fun as always to have a slow, relaxing dinner with adults full of laughs and good conversation. We didn't bring our camera to either event, so Rocky's iPhone was our main memory catcher. Unfortunately, it doesn't take very good pics in dark lighting, so this one of the ladies is quite freaky! If you can see past our creepy glowing eyes, it's a really cute one.

I am so thankful for fun times with our wonderful friends. We love our kiddos, but it is fun to have a night without them every once in a while. Happy Birthday, Jenny. It was so great to celebrate with you!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Congrats to those 2nd years and to you missy, hula hooping queen! : ) thanks again for making us a part of your busy weekend, it was the best feeling, being with all of y'all again! teehee, that last picture makes me laugh! hey scary pic, is better than no pic at all! : ) thanks rocky for getting that one! hope brinley had a great weekend too, bekah was sorry to miss her but can't wait to see her next month!