This fall season just gets me in the mood to make stuff! Whether it's cooking, sewing, embellishing, or painting, I am all over it. Here are some things I have been brewing up here lately!
I have been working on Brinley's fall wardrobe, and any Brinley wardrobe would not be complete without some embellished shirts! I made these two last week so Brin and Ava could have some fall cuteness in their pumpkin pics.
I have been working on Brinley's fall wardrobe, and any Brinley wardrobe would not be complete without some embellished shirts! I made these two last week so Brin and Ava could have some fall cuteness in their pumpkin pics.
HSU homecoming is next weekend, so hopefully it will be cool enough for her to wear this shirt with some fun striped tights. We'll see! The other was made because I wanted to try my hand at some of the fabric roses I have seen on so many blogs. I am happy with the way both turned out!

I finished up Brinley's halloween costume, but that big reveal will have to wait until October 31. I knew that this year she would need something to gather her candy from trick or treating, so I just embellished this bucket from the Target dollar spot with her name and some fun ribbons.


In the kitchen, I have been nibbling on a batch of homemade granola. It actually started out as granola bars, but they wouldn't stay together. I didn't put quite as much butter as it called for and I didn't have quite enough honey, so maybe that was the reason? We have just eaten it straight up but it would also be delicious on vanilla yogurt. Here is what's left of it from our picnic in the park today with Ava and Vaughanie.
I finished up Brinley's halloween costume, but that big reveal will have to wait until October 31. I knew that this year she would need something to gather her candy from trick or treating, so I just embellished this bucket from the Target dollar spot with her name and some fun ribbons.
In the kitchen, I have been nibbling on a batch of homemade granola. It actually started out as granola bars, but they wouldn't stay together. I didn't put quite as much butter as it called for and I didn't have quite enough honey, so maybe that was the reason? We have just eaten it straight up but it would also be delicious on vanilla yogurt. Here is what's left of it from our picnic in the park today with Ava and Vaughanie.
Granola-To-Go Bars
Taste of Home Magazine, November 2010
3 1/2 cups oats
1 cup chopped almonds
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup dried apples (I used apricots)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup dried apples (I used apricots)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Combine oats and almonds in a 15x10x1 in. baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally.
In a large bowl, combine the egg, butter, honey and vanilla. Stir in the sunflower seeds, coconut, apples, cranberries, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir in the oat and almond mixture.
Press into the same pan as earlier that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 13-18 minutes or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars and store in an airtight container.
I leave you with a pic of my sweetie at the park today :0).
“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”
-Robert Brault
4 comments:
love that quote, so true! the shirts turned out adorable and the granola is super tasty. i will be making some soon. love you girls!
I tried making rosettes yesterday too using some old t-shirts for the fabric. Did you hot glue? I couldn't keep the glue neat and you can see it squooshing out. Yours are super cute! I can't put them on Will's clothes of course, but I have some other ideas...
i love her halloween bucket! did you put anything over the letters to seal them onto the bucket? tutorial please:)
i think you know this, but that is the watermelon shirt Natalie wore to her bday party...did you see the 2 pics on FB? Everything turned out great--thank you!=)
Post a Comment