This weekend Brinley and I went home to Abilene to celebrate my Granny's 90th birthday. Rocky was unable to go with us because he had a boring old Lasik conference (BOO!) so we decided to leave early to get the full A-Town experience. The fun started on Thursday night when I left Brinley with Papa and BeBe to go and play Bunco with my best friend Courtney. Their group needed a sub and I am so glad I was able to fill the spot! Of course we didn't take any pics of the evening or together (we totally need a picture together!!) but here are some of our Friday morning playdate over at the Cochran's new home.
Brinley loved playing with all of Carson and Callie's fabulous toys. Carson even shared his light saber with her!
Callie and Brinley pretty much rocked the parallel play but I know Brinley loved being with her.
I mean really, how cute is she? Even coming straight from bed, her hair is rockin the Texas gal pouf. I love it!
The rest of our day was spent playing at Redbud Park,

Blowing bubbles in Papa and BeBe's backyard,


Saturday morning, we were right back to tea partying. Uncle David was the recipient of Brinley's delicious tea this time.

Not much time to play though, because it was party time! Brinley wore her fun little party dress that I recieved at one of my showers. I honestly can't believe that it fits her now! I love this little pose but I don't love that she isn't looking at the camera! Aw man!

Here is the beautiful birthday girl in all her glory!

And here she is with her pretty cake and one of her biggest achievements- my Dad!

Kalyn did a bang up job cutting that pretty cake.

Dad and Barb

visiting the prairie dogs that live there,
Blowing bubbles in Papa and BeBe's backyard,
Thanks BeBe!
Saturday morning, we were right back to tea partying. Uncle David was the recipient of Brinley's delicious tea this time.
Not much time to play though, because it was party time! Brinley wore her fun little party dress that I recieved at one of my showers. I honestly can't believe that it fits her now! I love this little pose but I don't love that she isn't looking at the camera! Aw man!
Here is the beautiful birthday girl in all her glory!
And here she is with her pretty cake and one of her biggest achievements- my Dad!
Kalyn did a bang up job cutting that pretty cake.
Dad and Barb
Granny's 3 grandkids. (what is up with my smile??)
Brinley had quite the time at the party. At first she was in one of her moods- very clingy to me, not wanting to go to anyone else, and not wanting to be put down. But eventually she warmed up to it and took on the room like it was her own!
ducked under tables...
And when the party room got boring, the staircase brought lots of entertainment.

Here are Mary Lou and Granny. They are double cousins and best of friends. Double cousins means that their moms were sisters and their dads were brothers. Needless to say, they have always been really close!
All that roaming and stair climbing made this gal hungry! So she eyed the snacks and begged long enough...
So I gave in a let her have some cake...or should I say an entire piece!

After the party we headed out to the nice courtyard to get some family pics. Kalyn was a great photographer!
After the party we headed out to the nice courtyard to get some family pics. Kalyn was a great photographer!
While we waited, Brin took some time to stop and smell the roses.
Here are Mary Lou and Granny. They are double cousins and best of friends. Double cousins means that their moms were sisters and their dads were brothers. Needless to say, they have always been really close!
Uncle John and the Brinster

The whole fam!


Granny and Mary Lou came first. Mary Lou brought Brinley some books and won her over right away. She knows the way to that girls heart!
The whole fam!
After the party we had all the family who had come in for the party over to the house for dinner. We all migrated to the backyard of course. Before everyone arrived, Papa and Brinley had to take some time to stop and smell the roses once again.
Brinley still loves these windchimes-
Granny and Mary Lou came first. Mary Lou brought Brinley some books and won her over right away. She knows the way to that girls heart!
Brinley was such a love bug that evening- handing out hugs and kisses to everyone in sight. Even the cherubs on the side table.
2 comments:
happy birthday to your granny!! looks like you girls had a great time- i know your granny loved having you and sweet brinley there to celebrate with her. (she looks great at 90!)
What a great weekend Amy! And happy birthday to your amazing grandma! What a blessing it is for all of you to celebrate her together! And wow, seeing her in that dress sure caught my breath, I can't imagine what a special feeling that was to her mommy! I mean, it seemed so big at your shower, and there she is, walking and talking with it on, wow . . . : ). She looks darling in it and I love how you paired it with a long sleeve peter pan collared shirt : ). Love those ruffle bottoms on her too : ).
Post a Comment