I am glad we went, but it wasn't an easy decision. Brinley woke up yesterday with very watery eyes and a low grade fever. After much deliberation and talking it out with Rocky and friends I trust, I decided to go for it. She was in a great mood when she woke up, she ate well, played normally and took a good nap, her eyes just looked very watery. It was a sad sight. I figured if it was something contagious, she would be confined to her stroller the whole time so she wouldn't get the other kids sick. And honestly I thought it could be allergies. Once we got to the zoo it seemed like she was getting worse and I felt horrible about it! I think it was the bright sun in her eyes. She spent her wake time like this- squinting and looking away from the light.
I decided to get her out at a shady spot by the elephants and I finally got a smile. She seemed to like those big guys more than any other animals we saw!
I look happy at this point but I was really feeling guilty. :0( I was sad that she couldn't enjoy her first trip to the zoo!
Despite my guilt, I enjoyed all the animals very much. I love the zoo even though I would not call myself an animal lover. Hmm...
I loved seeing this Mama and her baby reaching for branches.
We saw this little one trying out his walking legs!
I shared eye contact with this big guy for quite some time. What can I say, large furry mammals find me attractive (no offense, Rocky).

Here is how Brinley spent the last hour or so of our time at the zoo. I just kept on walking so she could sleep. Poor baby.

After sleeping the entire way home, Brin was back to her old self- tongue out, concentrating happily on one of her toys. It made me feel a little better about my decision.

But it didn't take long for her to get down again. Those little eyes break my heart!

So, we were in bed by 6:30 to hopefully sleep this little sickness off. Hope those bright eyes are back again soon!
Here is how Brinley spent the last hour or so of our time at the zoo. I just kept on walking so she could sleep. Poor baby.
After sleeping the entire way home, Brin was back to her old self- tongue out, concentrating happily on one of her toys. It made me feel a little better about my decision.
But it didn't take long for her to get down again. Those little eyes break my heart!
So, we were in bed by 6:30 to hopefully sleep this little sickness off. Hope those bright eyes are back again soon!
3 comments:
don't feel guilty amy!! you are a great mommy and it sounds like allergies to me. hope she is feeling better soon!
oh i was wondering how it all went! i am sorry that she didn't seem to be feeling as good as we thought she would, but being out in the fresh air with animals and friends, maybe that was better than staying at home? don't beat yourself up about it, everyone you talked to said to go, I am the one who should be feeling bad! those watery eyes are so sad amy : (. guess what? bekah has sympathy pains for brinley, she has watery eyes today too! hope brinley starts feeling better!
hi there! how very fun to hear from you! brinley is such a cutie, and i'm excited to read your blog too!
Post a Comment