Friday, April 9, 2010

10 Months Old!


Brinley Jane-
Oh my word, you are really 10 months old! The math teacher in me realized the other day that you are no longer in the one's place anymore! You are getting so big, and sister girl you have changed more this month than any other. I swear you are doing something new and amazing every day! I just adore spending my days with you!

One big accomplishment this month is actual crawling. No more army crawl slithering style, but up on all fours crawling! You are so fast and brave. You will crawl right out the door of my room and off to find new and interesting things. You are still pulling up on everything and standing alot but you aren't really trying to walk yet. You will stand behind the little push toy lion that Henry let you borrow but you usually cave to your knees when it pushes forward. Your Daddy likes to try to get you to walk with him but you usually just give him noodle legs. I am not rushing that walking business one bit but I think its coming sooner rather than later!

I feel that all of the sudden this month you are just "getting it" with many things. When I give you your hairbrush, you put it to your head like you are going to brush your hair. When I give you a sock, you put it down to your toes. You have started waving hello to friends and waving goodbye while saying sweetest little "bubb bye" any time we go out the door or leave someone. You have started clapping a little more this month, which gives me much satisfaction because I have been putting you through clapping bootcamp. The funny thing about it is that you clap the bottom of one hand to the top of the other, so it looks alot like your more sign. I know it is clapping when you do it while we are cheering or really excited in a setting other than a meal. It's so cute! This is truly some of the most fun I have had with you so far.

You are a little signer during your mealtimes and you have mastered the more and all done signs. You always make the sign when we say more and just recently you have done it on your own when you really want more. The all done is definitely your shining moment of each meal, but I kinda think you do it just to get the cheers and excitement from your audience rather than really trying to tell us you're finished. Maybe I feel this way because as I take your tray away you are scrambling for the last bites of food on it.

Speaking of food and eating, oh my word you are one good little eater! You love every thing I have ever given you to eat and you eat with such passion. You grab handfulls and shove them in your mouth! It scares me to death that you are going to choke, and you have practiced your gag reflex a few times, but for the most part you can handle those big bites you are taking in. I hope you always stay this unpicky because it is so easy to feed you. You are pretty much a bottomless pit.
(By the way, it's a mango seed)


You are one busy little lady nowadays. You love your toys, especially the piano/activity table that Mimi got you for Christmas, your music playing duck that you dance to, and your shape sorting blocks and box. You have also found a new love for all your stuffed animals and dolls. You don't have one in particular that you always go for but you go straight to that box when we are playing in your room. I am also excited to say that you actually like being read to now! I was always a little disheartened by the fact that you didn't show much interest in sitting in my lap to read a story but now you do.
Your absolute, all time, most favorite book right now is called Peek-A-Baby. It gets the cutest reaction of smiles, coos, and squeals out of you.
I feel like I should really wrap this up. I could honestly go on and on. Sweet and precious child, I am so glad you are mine. I find myself in disbelief everyday that God could bless me so much. Thanks for smiling, pointing, squealing, and kicking those little legs with excitement when I come around. It truly makes my day.
I love you more than words can express!
XOXO,
Your Momma

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Happy 10 months old Brinley!! You are one of the happiest and cutest babies I have ever seen and Ava and I were so happy to get to see more of you these past few days when we went to Houston.

Jenny said...

Happy 10th Month Brinley! How lucky we were to be able to see all the amazing that your mommy talked about in the post, in person! She is right about everything, you are an absolute blessing to your family and all of us!

Anonymous said...

I love this post! And I am SO HAPPY I got to meet beautiful Brinley in person! She is a doll! Wish our visit wouldn't have been so short, but I was still so happy to meet her in person! :) You all are such great mommys and true inspirations!

Becky said...

Happy 10 months Brinley Jane! I love seeing those huge grins in all your pictures!

Haley said...

Amy- Just FYI, I'm loving being able to look back and see what Brinley was doing each month. I was wondering when Adelyn should start more table food, so I look back at Miss B and viola!