Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Pregnancy Progression- 38 weeks

I am home and not being induced! Yippee! I am very thankful that I get a few more days at home to rest and relax before the little Miss makes her big debut. I am surprisingly ok with her coming at any time now, I just didn't want to be forced into an induction today straight from my appointment. I learned that my doctor does inductions on Tuesdays, so I would have been there right now had she been just a little heavier. We squeezed by this one- she is 8 lbs. 3 oz on the sonogram. That could be 1 pound more or less but she is still a "healthy" sized baby girl! The doctor was very pleased and felt like waiting another week would be completely fine. So, I will go back on Monday and if induction is the best idea then, I will go in on Tuesday. I haven't really progressed from the last time I was checked, but I still think I could have her early on my own. We will just have to wait and see!

Here is the little darlin. I talked to my friend Jenny yesterday and she was saying how much she loves comparing the way her daughter Rebekah actually looks with how her last sono looked. Well, if that is the case, Brinley is going to have some big lips!! These are awful pics, I really can barely make out that she is human being!


Last of all I have to show off my pretty toes! My step mom Barbara got me a pedicure and facial since I now have a little more time. I figure my toes will be center stage when I go into labor and Brinley needs to see pink sparkles when she comes into the world. That little girl is going to know the importance of a good pedicure! Thanks BB!


Well back to waiting! I will post with any updates!

4 comments:

rebekah l. louis said...

amy, your feet look good! at 38 weeks , mine looked like big ol fat sausages!

Kristen said...

you will be in my prayers! isn't it surreal you are about to have a baby any day now?! by the way, the toes look great!

sara lindsey said...

oh.my.gosh---so exciting! better teach rocky how to post so that we can have brinley pictures up quick post-delivery! love, love

Jenny said...

pretty toes and a pretty girl! you are right about those lips! take it from me, the girl with lip envy, you can never have lips that are too big! : ) ooooh, i can't wait to see her and meet her and love on her!