Friday, May 15, 2009

Just what the doctor ordered...

Well not really, but I thought it was appropriate for my current situation!
I was having a major chocolate craving yesterday, and this is how I calmed it!



Chocolate Pie
1 graham cracker or oreo pie crust
4 oz. cream cheese
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tub cool whip
2 pkg. instant chocolate pudding prepared by package directions
OR homemade dark chocolate pudding made with my new favorite find, Hershey's Special Dark cocoa powder!

Prepare chocolate pudding however you choose and set aside. If you choose the cooking method, allow to fully cool before making pie.


Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 the tub of cool whip. Place in the bottom of the pie crust.


Layer the pudding on top of the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining coolwhip and refrigerate until everything is set (or as long as you can wait to dig in!!).


We ate this with strawberries and it was delicious!

No comments: