Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Crafting Hiatus....Crafting Shmiatus!!

So, about 3 weeks ago, I put myself on a crafting hiatus. I finished the current projects, put away the sewing machine, swept the floors and went on my merry way. Well, it didn't last long! I dove back in head first last weekend while Rocky had some friends in town. It was an innocent, "If I am going to be home "resting" then I could be sitting and working on my scrapbook!" Well, as any of you fellow scrapbookers know, once you get out all the stuff, you don't want to put it up until you're done. So, one week of stuff on the table turned into two and I finally finished the books for our DC trip last summer and 4th year of med school. It felt good to finish and I was ready to put all that stuff away! I haven't even started with Brinley's book but I figured that could wait a bit. Let's let her get here first.
Sorry for the dark pics, I had my flash off and didn't know it!


The crafting didn't stop there...oh no it did not. I had been wanting to make some flower bows for Brinley and after seeing a web tutorial on a blog I frequent, Grace Violet, I decided to go for it. Here is what I finished up. It was a fun and easy project- I highly recommend it to any of my girl mommy friends out there. Brinley will look like a flower pot, but I love it!!!



Last of all, I decided that Brinley needed a happy birthday banner to hang on the door of the hospital. Some of my friends have had these and I love that it can be in the hospital on her very first birthday, then bring it out every year on her birthday as a fun tradition. My friend JaneTodd always put this birthday banner out on her kid's special day and I think they really looked forward to it. Hopefully Miss Brinley will like hers too! This picture is of the unfinished product, so I guess you will just have to come see us in the hospital to see the final product! :0)

You know what they say, "You can take the crafts away from the crafter, but you can't take the crafter away from the crafts!" Yea, they really don't say that and it doesn't really make sense but I thought it sounded good.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i love the birthday banner idea! and i love those bows amy, how cute! great idea to make some yellow ones. . . hmm . . michael's here i come!