So this is at the tail end of my 31st week, but we will still let it count. This 31st week has been pretty busy and I haven't had time to blog!
Rocky took this pic of me at the lake this weekend. I think he did a great job even though I wanted to photoshop a paper bag over my head. I am working on it for future pics of my face- I feel like a chipmunk! This is my blog, I can say what I want about my face.
Anyways, things were sailing along smoothly until I caught some kind of stomach bug last week. I felt like I was back in my first trimester and I was really scared that I was going to have those same kinds of problems for the remainder of my pregnancy. Luckily, I got over it and I am feeling fine again. I do feel like my stomach has shrunk in a major way and I get really stuffed every time I eat. That is not really so comfortable.
I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he did another sonogram to discover that Brinley is continuing to grow at a rapid pace. She has made her way from the 85th percentile to the 92nd percentile of baby's her gestational age. Wowsers! I can't even begin to tell you how this started my head to spinning! My doc is now a little worried that I might have gestational diabetes even though my first test came out negative. Please pray that I don't! I will go back in on Tuesday for a real deal sonogram with the sonographer then I will probably have to take the 3 hour glucose test. Yuck! I will have to drink twice the amount of that orange glucose nastiness then sit around for 3 hours and have my blood drawn every hour. I am not too excited about that one but hopefully it will rule out diabetes. I have consulted with many of my friends who have delivered "big babies" and they have calmed my nerves a bit but I am still freaking out about it.
I went to the doctor on Wednesday and he did another sonogram to discover that Brinley is continuing to grow at a rapid pace. She has made her way from the 85th percentile to the 92nd percentile of baby's her gestational age. Wowsers! I can't even begin to tell you how this started my head to spinning! My doc is now a little worried that I might have gestational diabetes even though my first test came out negative. Please pray that I don't! I will go back in on Tuesday for a real deal sonogram with the sonographer then I will probably have to take the 3 hour glucose test. Yuck! I will have to drink twice the amount of that orange glucose nastiness then sit around for 3 hours and have my blood drawn every hour. I am not too excited about that one but hopefully it will rule out diabetes. I have consulted with many of my friends who have delivered "big babies" and they have calmed my nerves a bit but I am still freaking out about it.
The weirdest part of this big baby business is that I am measuring 23 weeks when the doc measures me with the tape measure. So I guess "Big Baby Brinley" (as Rocky now calls her) is hiding somewhere.
We went to Austin on Thursday to see the Burkharts new addition, and another one of Brinley's future besties, Rebekah May. She is such a cutie! Jenny seems to have it all together as usual and Zack is the cutest new Daddy! He is completely smitten with that little girl. Luckily, Zack's Mom, Nora was in town too. We had a fabulous afternoon chatting and catching up. Welcome to the world Baby Bekah!
Rocky bought Zack and pink baseball bat and glove so he can teach Bekah all he knows about America's favorite pastime.
Well, that is all for this update. See you again at 33 weeks!


4 comments:
We are praying for you and baby Brinley!
Very cute pic! You don't look fat! Maybe Brinley will just be a little early?!?! That would work with my plans! ha ha!
i'm a little ashamed to reveal that i stalk your blog from jenny's, but i just had to comment on this one. the pink bat and glove are adorable! you guys are such good friends to zack and jenny. and you look beautiful. i can't wait to stalk pictures of baby brinley :-)
Oh, Amy, I will be praying for you and that the test all come back great! You look absolutely adorable! I just wish I could be there to rub your belly! Miss you so much!
Post a Comment