What are your favorite things to eat?
I still love almost all fruits, cheese, bread and muffins, beans, granola bars, and applesauce squeezers. I am also a big fan of candy but you know how that goes...
I have discovered a love of ketchup. I see my sissy eat it all the time but now I know the greatness of it and I dip everything in it! Fruit, chicken, fries, crackers, my fingers...anything!
Another favorite thing for me to eat/drink are smoothies. I will just slurp anything down when its mixed with berries and yogurt so my Mommy sneaks in spinach, flax seeds, probiotics, and chia seeds! I don't have a clue and at this point its the only way she can get a green veggie down my throat.
What are your favorite toys?
I am loving the light up musical toys these days. I have a helicopter and ladybug that are my favorites. I also still love balls and trucks (aka mmmmmmmmmm). I mean loooove them! I have just started learning how to play catch with a ball. My favorite people to play this with are Samuel and Daddy. I know it makes my daddy real proud that I can throw and catch a ball so well!
Now back to my beloved tractors/trucks/cars. I love to sit on Daddy's riding lawn mower anytime we are playing on the driveway. I will just sit and pretend to drive it for quite some time.
One day we went to Lowes with Daddy and found the lawn mower section! It was like my own little playground. I loved every minute. It helped that I was with my favorite person- Brinley!
I love to help Mommy or Daddy drive when we are going to Lucy Jane and Samuels house one street over. I am also happy just sitting in the drivers seat while the car is off and pushing buttons too.
What else do you enjoy doing?Well as I just said, I love doing any and everything with my Sissy. She is the first person I ask for in the morning. She likes to come in and get me from my bed with Mommy and then the fun doesn't stop. I ask for her all day while she is at school and I get so excited to go and pick her up in the afternoons.
I will wear anything and go along with almost any scheme she has. Here is my "go" wig as I like to call it (he hears a lot of "Let it Go" being sung)
I have enjoyed coloring with her and my attention span has gotten a little longer for it now.
But Mommy has to keep a watch on me when the markers are out because I really like coloring on myself and eating the markers when she isn't watching!
I have discovered that I love to swing! I just love it and I could sit in it, moving or not moving, for hours. Its a great way to pass the time and to keep me contained in one area.
I have enjoyed watching television with Sissy now and I ask to watch a "show" often. I love reading books too. My favorite book is the Things that Go Search and Find really just because it has lots of trucks and things with wheels all over the page and mommy just tells me all their names. I am also loving the You are My Sunshine book and I point out how the baby goes night night at the end every time. I really liked attending library story time for the first time since I have been walking. I loved the singing the most!
I really love all the men in my life a lot right now. I am asking for Mommy when it comes to snuggles and bed time but I still really love to play with my Daddy. We wrestle, play ball, swing, and every now and then I get a ride on his shoulders.
Look how I've grown!
I also love all my grandpas so much. I get to see Papa and Ree a lot but I am constantly asking for Dee. Dee is responsible for my love of the swing now because he constantly pushed me on it at the lake over easter weekend.
I know I learned to kiss a while ago but I have started waving bye and blowing kisses. I also just go in for random kisses at random times. I am such a loving little fella!
I have learned how to climb into my own car seat and how to eat at the bar with sister on a bar stool instead of my high chair (with much supervision!) I love to climb into this little ottoman but the only problem is that I can't get out and I scream til someone gets me.
I have gotten much better at puzzles and can put the pieces where they go. I like to try all the other spots first and say "no, no, no" til I put it on the right spot.
What are your new words?
Well I have just blossomed in this area! I talk and say new words all the time! I am saying lots more names now like Sissy, Sutton, Emma, Lolo, all of my grandparents names: Papa, Bebe, Ree, Nonna, Dee, Nan, Mimi, Bubba, Granny, and Memo. That's a feat in itself!
The word I say most often is Pssss (please). Anytime the answer should be yes it's psssss. Cason do you want to go outside? pssssss! It is so very polite of me and Mommy loves this phase!
I have also put a few words together to make phrases like "Bye Bye ____" and "Go outside" or "No bee (the show about bees)
Have you been in trouble at all?
Well of course I have! My 17th month was tougher than my 18th month. I have mellowed out a bit in the past few weeks. I have decided that I no longer like going to bed or being rocked by Daddy, only Mommy can do it and I still cry when I lay down. I also have started running away from Mommy when I am doing something I am not supposed to do. I threw my first big temper tantrum because I wanted to wear my red shoes and they are too small for me. I know what I want and I am not afraid to make it known.
Is there anything you don't like?
I still really don't like getting my dirty diapers changed. I can say shoo shoo and I think that's really funny but if I really am dirty my quick reply is no! I kick and thrash around a lot and I have had to meet Mr. Sad Spoon about it a few times. I have not liked going to church for the past few weeks- which means on Sundays, Wednesdays, and for my Mother's Day out on Tuesdays! I will even start crying when we pull into the parking lot! I am usually fine after a minute or so but I do not like Mommy to leave me!
I am a man on the go so many times I don't like to be held or restrained from go, go, going!
I have had lots of ear infections lately which has meant many trips to the doctor. I am not a fan of having my ears looked at but I am a fan of climbing all over everything while I am waiting for him to come in! At my last well check I was 30.5 pounds! I am in the 98th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. I am a big big boy!
Precious Cason,
You are the sweetest little bundle of energy I have ever known. You absolutely slay me with those blue eyes and that blond hair and you completely have my heart.
You amaze me with your love that you so openly and easily give to everyone you are around. You are full of hugs, kisses, and even high fives for anyone and I love that about you. You bring so much joy and it's so fun especially now that you are talking so much and telling us all you have been learning about. We love you more than words can say my dear boy and I am so proud of you!
XOXO, Mommy






















No comments:
Post a Comment