Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cason 13 and 14 month

Well, I have intended to keep up the updates on my sweet second child, so here is a mish mash of the past 2 months all rolled into one!  With Brinley, I started doing an interview format at 13 months, so I am gonna stick with that for Mr. Case Man.  So, without further adieu, I give you an interview with a 14 month old!

Cason,
You are 14 months old today!  What a little ray of sunshine you are in our family.  Tell us what you have been up to these days!
What are your favorite things to eat?
I am an eater so I like most things that are put in front of me!  Some of my regular favorites are bananas, raisin toast, scrambled eggs, cheese, apples, pears, strawberries and blueberries, macaroni and cheese, peas, French fries, and hamburgers.  I had my first corn dog this month and I really liked it!
Any time I would like to eat, I make the more sign. I raise my hands a lot but it doesn't really mean I am all done.  I am never really all done eating!
I have had a very funny fascination with apples.  Its my favorite word and one of my favorite foods too.  One day my Mommy just gave me a whole apple and I went to town on it.  The next thing she knew, I had eaten the entire thing- core and all!  Its great entertainment for me while Mommy is trying to cook dinner. 
Apple was also one of my first appropriately and often used words.  But, I would really say anything round was an apple- like a pumpkin!  Here are two funny videos showing just that-



I found this red potato in the pantry and thought it was a beloved apple too, but it didn't take me long to figure out that I was wrong on that one.
What are your favorite toys?
I am pretty content just carrying around something in my hands as I walk all over the house.  Sometimes this is a toy, sometimes its a cup, and sometimes its a magnetic strip that goes to our robotic vacuum.  My favorite toys to hold are any type of ball (or balloon which I think is a ball) my car keys that make sounds, any part of the little people nativity, and cups with balls in them.  I have learned to put a ball in them then shake them up and down and hear the sounds it makes.  I am loving reading books right now and I come up to Mommy many times a day saying "boo" and wanting me to read to you.  My favorite books are Trucks, Goodnight moon, Men at Work, You are My Sunshine, and That's Not My Truck.

What else do you enjoy doing?
I love to go to school so much!  I am in a mothers day out one day a week and the minute we walk in, I am so happy and go right to my teachers.  I also love to pick Brinley up from school because I get to walk around out front on the school lawn and up and down the sidewalks.  I really like being outside and any time Mommy or Daddy opens the door I am heading out!  When I am playing inside I have discovered that I really like the playroom upstairs.  I will stand at the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs and cry to let Mommy know I want to play.  Theres all sorts of things for me to drag out up there and I love to watch Brinley playing with all her toys.
Another new thing I have enjoyed doing is wrestling.  Daddy takes the lead on this playtime activity and Brinley loves to participate too.  I will run over to Daddy and just fall on top of him.  Sometimes I do this to Brinley or Mommy too but they aren't as good as Daddy.  I just laugh and do it over and over, it's so fun! 
I love to take tubbies, also known as baths.  My favorite thing to do is splash a ton! I also like to help Mommy unload the dishwasher, and it doesn't matter one bit to me whether they are clean or dirty!
I watched my first movie this month and it was ok.  I am not half as enamored by the tv as my sister but I thought toy story was pretty interesting...for about 2 minutes. 
What new things have you learned this month?
I am a full fledged official walker now. I am getting really good but I still have the occasional fall.  I never crawl anymore and when I decide I want to walk there is no holding me.  I know where my mouth and my hair is when you ask me!  I have learned how to turn on Mommy's phone and I love it!  I want to hold it all the time and I know to put it up to my ear when Mommy says hello.  I have learned how to get someone to hold me by going up to them with my hands in the air.  I am usually doing this starting around 4:30 and on until someone feeds me dinner. 
I got my first hair trim this month because Daddy said I had a mullet.  It really was getting out of control so Mommy did her best to cut a little off.  She was hesitant because she loves my blond hair but Daddy insisted and threated to get out the clippers, so she went ahead and cut some off. 
What new words can you say?
I have a lot of new words!  Mama, Papa, cracker (caka) , thank you (daychoo), shoes (shs), go go go, bye bye, cheese(chs), LiLi (Mr. Li Li my lion lovey), no no, and that (da!)

Have you been in trouble at all?
Well, I am a busy guy and I am into everything, so yes, I have had a few pitfalls.  I discovered that I like to eat crayons, which Mommy doesn't approve of so much.  I like to touch the ball ornaments on the Christmas tree, which gets a firm no but I am a pretty good and obedient listener so far.  Other than that I am a pretty sweet and laid back guy.  I have gotten a little better with my napping this month so that keeps Mommy and me much happier!
I haven't been in trouble for it, but I must say I have taken quite a few falls and gained a lot of boo boos since I started walking.  I was climbing on my cozy coupe out on the back patio and fell down and skinned my upper lip and nose quite a bit. 
Then one day I was walking at Daddy's office and Brinley gave me a big hug right into his wall.  This gave me a big strawberry on my chin.  I am a true boy and show this by always having bumps bruises and scrapes to show how tough I really am!
Is there anything you don't like?
I really don't like cutting these molars in my mouth.  They make me cranky, drooly, and diaper rashy.  I can't wait until they grow in so I don't have to deal with it anymore!  I have decided that I don't really love getting in my carseat either.  Mommy really wishes I could turn around but she is such a rule follower that I am just staying backwards a little bit longer.
 I don't like it when you take things away from me like Mommy's cell phone or the remote control, and I really don't like being hungry.  When I get grumpy, it's usually because I need a snack.
For the most part I am a very contented, sweet, and happy little 14 month old!

No comments: