Tuesday, January 14, 2014

An Interview with a 15 month old Cason

Cason Blaine, you are 15 months old today!  What a big boy you are.  I am so proud of the ways you are growing and changing every day.  Let's get straight to your interview!
What are your favorite things to eat?
Well this picture shows my love for cookies and sweets.  I was double fisting gingerbread men from our neighbors!  I also like a lot of healthy stuff too like peanut butter sandwiches, all kinds of fruit especially blackberries and bananas.  I love raisins and goldfish crackers, cheese, potatoes, and quesadillas.  If you put straight green veggies on my tray I probably will throw it off (a newfound skill this month) but I love me some veggie soup and spinach smoothies! 
I must be getting adequate nutrition because I am growing like a weed.  Today I had my doctors apt and I weighed 27 lbs!  I am a healthy hearty boy!
 
 What are your favorite toys?
I looooove to play outside and most of the time you will find me in my cozy truck watching the big kids run around me.  Sometimes I even get a push!
 I love other cars I can drive around on the floor too.  Mommy has just started catching me actually driving them around on my hands and knees.  I especially love my tractor and my fire truck.

I still have quite the love affair with balls of any kind.  I have started throwing them more this month!  I have quite the arm on me!

 I got this fun basketball goal for Christmas and I love making baskets.  Every time I wake up my first word is ball and I get up ready to play!
My bed is even full of all kinds of stuffed balls- some donated by Brinley and some that I have accumulated along the way.  I got a ball shaped Mickey Mouse for Christmas and it is definitely one of my favorites.  And of course there's still my #1 lovey, Mr Li Li.
 At church you will usually find me playing in this fun playhouse.  Maybe Mom and Dad will get me one of these at my house!  Yeah, but then again I probably wouldn't like it as much there!
 
What else do you enjoy doing?
I really love to read!  Many times when I am too quiet and Mommy hasn't seen me for a while I am sitting in my room pulling all my books off the shelf and looking at them.  If I am not saying "ball" I am saying "boo"! 
My favorite books are the ones about trucks but I also really a few of Brinley's old books- Spot Bakes a Cake, Dollhouse Kitties, and this Jesus Loves Me book that plays the song. 

 

Another thing I love to do is play the piano.  Sometimes Brinley and I play duets together and she makes up the words
 
and sometimes I help Mommy as she plays.  I really love music in general.  My favorite songs are the Itsy Bitsy Spider, Jesus Loves Me, and If You're Happy and You Know It.
While we are on the subject of Mommy I will say that I love Mommy's cell phone.  I love to push the home button and make Siri come on and ask me if there is anything she can do for me.  I also love a good selfie with Mommy!
I am going to put my sister in the category of things I like to do because I LOVE to play with her.  For some reason she calls me Ja Ja (no clue where that came from??) and I just follow her around laughing and watching her every move.  One of our favorite things to do together is jump on the bed (gasp!)  It's a rule in our house not to jump on the bed but Mommy just cant bear to tell us no when she sees us playing so well together.  We always take advantage when we have had guests and the low trundle bed is out.  IT's soooo fun! 
I also adore wrestling with my Daddy- and I think he likes it as much if not more than I do!  I really like to be thrown around on the bed or on the couch and rolling around on the floor.  I will run head first at Daddy to show him I want to play and he always is ready to rumble!
 Mommy made a glow in the dark bath with glow sticks last week and I loved it. I loved it so much I pooped in the bathtub for the first time!  haha
 
What are some new things you have learned this month?
I am growing up a lot this month and learning lots of new stuff.  I have started pointing.  Every now and then it really has a meaning but most of the time I just point and say "dat".  My mommy thinks my little finger is the cutest thing!
 I have also learned how to climb!  Here I am at the top of the chick fil a playscape.  I have very little fear when it comes to climbing up but then I get a little nervous once I am up there and don't really know how to get down.  Mom's most significant memory of this is when I climbed on top of the breakfast table while she was turned around cooking and the next thing she knew I was standing straight and tall on top of the table!  She is gonna have to start watching me much closer now!
I have learned how to "wink" and shake my head no.  Sometimes I really mean no but usually I just think it's funny
I have learned how to take longer naps and sleep later in the morning.  Over Christmas break I was sleeping til 8:00 some mornings!  Mom has decided that I will sleep 12 hours from whenever I go to bed, so if it's a late night, I will sleep in later in the morning.  This is my gift to her! 
 
What are your new words?
Whoa and Wow
Down
 I don't have as many new words this month but I am still saying all my old words too so I am a talkative little fella.
 
Have you been in trouble at all?
 Oh well yes, of course, I'm all boy!  I have started pushing people.  I think it's quite hilarious but others usually don't.  I most often do this to Brinley and it really means I just want to play but she can get pretty offended by it.  I also will hit Mommy's or Brinley's face, again, not maliciously but just because I think it's funny.  I have also decided that I don't always like following directions so when Mommy says come here I like to run in the other direction.  I think there is gonna be lots of loving redirection for me in the coming months!
 
Is there anything you don't like?
I have kinda regressed a little with being left in the nursery and at school.  I have been crying again but Mommy thinks it's because I have moved up in classes so I am not in the room or with the teachers I am used to.  It usually doesn't take me long to get happy again but I don't really like my Mommy leaving me!  I also do not like being told I can't go outside.  Anytime the back door is open I want to go out and ruuuun down the driveway but I don't always get to.  I stomp my feet and say "nononono".  Another thing I have started to strongly dislike is getting in my car seat.  Mommy really wants to turn me around but Daddy says no for now so maybe I will grow out of this phase.  I am really strong so it makes it quite hard for her to buckle me in!
 

Cason, You are such a sweet little ball of personality and fun.  Your smile lights up a room and your carefree and laid back attitude brings me so much joy.  Even though you wear me out some days I love being your Mommy and I am so thankful that God chose me to help raise you.  I love you so much sweetest boy!

XOXO, Mommy


No comments: