Rocky has played a little golf on his days off and has been sweet enough to let Brinley go along. She has a blast and so does he. He is so sweet to take her, I know she loves the time with him.
She is all up in the business of preschool and loving every minute. This was blue day and she made sure to wear blue from head to toe!
Papa called and asked Brinley out on a date to see a local production of Beauty and the Beast. She was so excited to ride in Papa's red truck and get popcorn at the theatre. She had a great time except getting a little scared of the beast at one point. Papa talked her down and she was able to finish but it was a touch and go moment with a chance of tears. Papa doesn't do tears. :0) I'm so thankful to have Papa close by to give Brinley the princess treatment the way he did for me as a little girl.
Rocky had to go out of town for a few days to be trained in a new surgical technique, and wouldn't you know that it would be right the time the stomach bug hit our house. I was already under the weather, then Brin woke up in the middle of the night throwing up. I know I could have earned my stripes as a mom, and many of my friends have had to deal with similar situations on their own, but I wussed out and called my mom. She came down right away and nursed us all back to health. It was a lifesaver!
We travelled to the metroplex to have a playdate with our sweet friends that we miss terribly. We spent the day at the Louis' and Vaughanie, Ava, and Connor drove up to play as well. Brinley was in heaven with her friends.
We originally were going to make it a day trip but decided to stick around and spend the night with Memo because Suzie was still in town from Thailand. My mom came down for the weekend then Brad, Ann, Holley, Pryce, and Elizabeth came over for dinner and cake to celebrate Ann's birthday.
It was fun to be able to hang out with the family now that all the funeral business is finished. It wasn't the same without Pop there but we still had a nice time. It was great to hang out with Aunt Suzie, not sure when I will see her again! I think Brinley will be in kindergarten or something!!
Rocky bit the bullet and bought himself a new car. He had driven the life out of our little blue Jetta and it was time to say goodbye. He is now the owner of a sleek new Altima and he is very happy! He is the 4th Altima owner in our families. Bandwagon!
Well, I think that about catches us up to the present. But, I just realized that I haven't mentioned Cason. Sweet little inconsistent wake timing, nap hating, smiley, chuckling, precious Cason. He is a bundle of cuteness and we love him! He has been along for all this too but somehow missed the camera. All he gets is a blurry iphone pic for now. Poor little second child. But such a cute little second child, if I do say so myself!

1 comment:
LOOOOOOVE Downton Abbey!!! Got the first two seasons for Christmas and the third for my birthday. Getting ready to re-watch from episode one!
Post a Comment