Little man, you are 5 months old today. I seriously can't believe i am typing that! This month has absolutely flown by. I still feel like you are my little bitty baby but the truth is that you are not. You are growing like a weed and I fall more and more in love with you every day! Your outfit for this month's picture is from the vintage line. Mimi gave that to us and one of your uncles wore it when they were a baby, not sure which one. It has made me decide that I love a man in a leisure suit!
I mean, really, who wouldn't melt from that smile? It's the absolute best! It could light up the darkest room and make the grouchiest person so happy!
You are so full of smiles and chuckles these days and it is so much fun. You laugh at the funniest things, like tones of voice or people jumping or dancing in front of you. Not that I would ever do something like that...
Your sister continues to make you laugh and smile. Here is a funny video of you laughing at the game pieces from our Sequence game being dumped on the floor.
I like to call you Jolly Rancher because you are so happy. Your other nickname this month is "Bubsy Wubsy Doodle"...not exactly sure where that one came from! haha
Speaking of your sister, she is still your biggest fan. It helps so much now that you respond to her being around and she can tell how much you like her too. I am so glad you are becoming good buddies. I love the way she talks to you. She is always on hand patrol and keeps your fingers out of your mouth and the paci in. She is a big help and wants to be around you all day.
You have really discovered your hands and feet this month and they keep you very entertained. You will stare at one hand and chew ferociously on the other. I just know you have to be teething and a little chomper is going to appear any day.
You have also found your feet and you love to look at them when you are laying on your back. Socks make it extra fun.
You have just about decided that you are done with nursing. You just arent' interested in me anymore. Not sure if it is from teething, or you just getting smarter and realizing that a bottle gets you the food much faster and in greater quantity, but you get so excited when you see that bottle. You kick your legs and reach for it. You have even started holding it with your hands (with a blanket propping it up). It makes you look so big! We haven't started cereal yet, but that is coming soon! Not sure if I will go to formula all together or what, but there isn't much I can do about your preferences so I am just gonna roll with it.
You really are a little kicking machine. I took this video so everyone could see. Its really funny to see you going crazy under your little play mat. You love that thing! I hope this means you are gonna be a fast runner like your Dad and Uncle John!
This month you took your first swim and you liked it pretty well. You were scared and clinged to me pretty tightly and I think you were cold most of the time, but it was a good experience. You are gonna have a blast this summer, I just know it!
Other things that I think about when reflecting on this month are what a sweet little boy you are. You love to be kissed on the cheek and you love to snuggle. You even give big sloppy open mouthed kisses too. You like to be rocked before you go to bed and I know you are ready to go to sleep when you turn your head into my chest and nuzzle down. We are still swaddling you and I have discovered that I was not using the miracle blanket correctly, so you no longer break out of it at night. You are doing much better with your napping and you can sleep through the night although you don't always do it. You go to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 pm and you are up anytime between 4:00 and 6:00 am. Not too shabby.
You really are a very content and happy guy most of the time. You get fussy when you are hungry or tired but you are not hard to figure out. You love to be where people are and where the action is. You still spend alot of time in your car seat but you don't seem to mind it. You love for me or Brinley to sing to you and you like it when I read books. You aren't rolling over from back to front yet but you seem to be really strong and have good neck control so I am not too worried about it.
Your Daddy and I are so proud to be your parents and we love you so much, Cason.The Lord truly blessed us when he put you in our family. We pray that He keeps you growing healthy and strong in every way!
XOXO, Your Momma
1 comment:
ADORABLE! Love seeing updates of your sweet family. Miss you guys!
Post a Comment