Today you are 4 months old! This has been a milestone month where I feel you transitioned from the newborn phase to the precious little baby phase. I absolutely love it! You are still the sweetest little thing and I am completely smitten with you, Cason Blaine!
Those little overalls just slay me. Miss Rebekah picked those up for you and they are so cute! They are a little big but I jumped at the chance for you to wear them before it gets too warm for flannel. You are wearing size 1 diapers and mostly 0-3 month clothes. You are very long so 3-6 month stuff fits you in length but seems a little baggy.
You have spent alot of time in your carseat this month so it's a good thing you like it. With your sister starting preschool, we have to be in the car for pick up, drop off, and errand running while she is away. You sit through many a "ladies lunch", bible study group, playdate, and Target trip and you will even nap in there, especially when I can rock it back and forth. You are the best sport about it and I try to focus on the fact that you are content to help me with the guilt I feel! You are the second child my dearie, but you wear it so well!
You would be crying, then all of the sudden I would hear a loud sucking sound and find you going to town on your thumb or even your other fingers or whole fist at times. Maybe you will pick it back up, but now you are liking your paci a little more, and I am going to encourage that!
I don't know if its from the new found love of your hands or what, but you are Drooly McDroolerson these days. You definitely need a bib from all that slobber and that is something I never experienced with Brinley. Somedays it seems like you are teething, so maybe you will get some chompers soon, who knows? For now I will take those adorable toothless gummy grins!
I am still swaddling you to sleep even though you bust your arms and legs right out every time. We have tried without and you just need that comfort to help you fall asleep because you still do some major flailing of your arms and legs. While we are on the sleeping topic, I must say that you have been napping in your bed! Yay! It didn't even take much crying on your part, really none at all. I think I was more upset about it and nervous than you and once I just laid you down, you were good to go. You still aren't the most stellar napper, but one good nap in your crib a day is alot better than we were doing.
This was Pop's hat. So cute on you little man!
Some things that get smiles out of you this month are...getting kissed on both cheeks over and over by me, playing under your play mat and grabbing at the toys, pulling hair, listening to people sing, and lastly, your sister. You reserve many smiles for her and just watch every move she makes.
Even though you are a happy little guy, there are some things that you aren't fond of either. One of those things is tummy time. And since I am a blob of jello in your hands, I haven't been too good about making you do it. I have been better the past week and I am already seeing some progress. You are trying to roll but haven't quite made it over yet. No rush,though, there will be plenty of time for those things! You can stay little and immobile as long as you want!
You experienced your first snow and it didn't take much for you to know you didn't like it. You must be like your Daddy and dislike cold weather.
You also swung on the swing set for the first time...and you were equally unimpressed. haha I say unimpressed because you didn't dislike it, but it didn't get any smiles out of you. Maybe from the sheer terror of it? Maybe because it is so girly and pink? Your sister loves that yall can participate in a playtime activity together and I know eventually you will love it like she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment