Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thankful 2012- UPDATED!

I have updated this post and changed it some after finding some pictures I left out.  I thought about doing a separate post but decided to put it all into one.  So, read again for an new and improved version of our Thanksgiving. :0)
 
This year we stayed in good old Abilene to celebrate Thanksgiving.  It was so nice to be able to wake up at home and just have a little day trip over to Dad and Barbara's instead of a long trip.  One of the many perks of living in the same town as family! 
Let's rewind to the night before Thanksgiving when Uncle David flew in from Chicago!  He and Dad came over for dinner and Brinley immediately snatched him up to play with her in the playroom.  I wasn't there to witness the glory of my bachelor big brother playing kitchen and princesses with my 3 year old, but I am told by witnesses that it was pretty darn cute.  Good old Uncle Dave!
 
Mary Lou came in from Waco to spend thanksgiving day with us.  It was so good to see her again!  She is infamous for giving Brinley her first laughs but unfortunately the timing was off for her to get giggles from Cason.  I might have to request a special trip from her in a couple of months to see if she can work her magic again.  :0)
Granny took Cason as soon as she could and held him for alot of the day.  I know she gave at least 2 bottles and held him for over an hour during one of his naps.  She really loves that little guy!
Dad once again outdid himself with the turkey.  He strayed from his usual frying ways and smoked it on his "Big Green Egg".  It was great! 
I took over the duty of making dressing from Granny for the first time.  I was nervous to be in charge of such a pivotal part of the thanksgiving meal but I think I did ok.  It was fun to share the dressing making experience with Brinley.  She was quite the cornbread crusher.  So glad we can carry the torch for Granny and one day Brinley can carry the torch for me!
I am so thankful for many things this year- a new life in Abilene, new friends, a new home, and a wonderful new job for Rocky.  I am thankful that we have all been healthy and prosperous all year long.  I am especially thankful for Mr. Cason and the wonderful addition he has been to our family. 
 
I love these little kiddos with all of my heart!
On the day after thanksgiving, Mom brought Memo and Pop down to meet Cason and hang out with David.  We had a great day. 
 Pop had been down and out with a bad back but still endured the trip just to meet his first great grandson.  He was so proud of Mr. Cason and I am so thankful to still have my sweet grandparents playing an active role in our lives.
 While we are on the subject of thankfulness,  I will say how thankful I am for the amazing friends that we have.  One of those families came to visit us a few weeks ago- the Warminskis!
Much to Brinley's dismay, they came without their kids so they could help us out and spend quality time with our kids. 
We had a great time catching up, relaxing, eating, and sleeping but they also helped us out alot.  Johnathan and Rocky checked some items off the to-do list and Meagan was a second mother to Brinley by getting her dressed, fixing hair, and anything else she could do with her 8 month pregnant self.  We love the Warmis and we are so glad they came to visit (don't let Brinley's face in this pic make you think otherwise! haha)
Johnathan took some pics for us for our Christmas card.  I am so thankful for the Lord's blessings on our family in 2012!
 

No comments: