Mr. Case Man, you are 2 months old today! We have had so much fun getting to know you and we love you so much already!
We love you so much but I think your sister loves you even more! She is totally smitten with you and completely concerned about your every move, sound, cry, and breath! She gets your paci when you are crying and happily sits and puts it back in over and over until you are happy. She has also given you a few bottles which is a huge help to me! You have started finding out just how great she is too. You watch her all the time and smile when she comes around. It's really sweet.
You started smiling and talking this month and it's the best thing ever! Your smiles completely light up our lives! You are your happiest when you first wake up and right after you have eaten. Trying to get those smiles are some of your Daddy and my favorite things to do. I still say you have a special smile for me, like I am the most beautiful creature you have ever laid eyes on. And I really don't mind, so keep em coming little man. I think you are pretty special too.
Your cooing and talking is also irresistable! You are still so facially expressive, and to pair that with your talking, I swear I know exactly what you are trying to say!
You have this really funny "Chewbacca" type sound that you often make. Sorry to those of you that don't get my Star Wars reference, but it's the only way I can describe it.
You hated sponge baths and you like real baths. I say like because it's a hit or miss. I think you just aren't a fan of being cold and naked. But I think that will soon change. :0)
After you got the sink bath down, you had your first bath with Brinley. She loved it. I know one day you will too!
You have really grown this month and I can tell you are filling out. You are wearing some of your 0-3 month clothes but still newborn diapers. You have a little chunk to you but you have no heiney! :0) You have long fingers and what seems to be big feet. Maybe that means you will be a basketball player one day! You can now fit into shoes. This makes me happy because it adds a little spice to the boy outfits. These are the ones that Brinley picked out for you the day we found out that you were a boy.
Cutie pie
I think one reason you have grown so much is your big appetite! You are nursing 30-45 minutes every 3 hours and taking a 2-4 oz. bottle afterwards. I beat myself up about this for a long time and tried to get you off formula, but you are so happy and content when your belly is full that I have just decided to accept it. I love your little double chin and I am just glad you are healthy, happy, and growing.
You are sleeping 5-6 hours before your middle of the night feeding then 3-4 more hours after that. I think that is pretty great and I would be even happier if I could get my act together and sleep for the 6 hours as well. We are swaddling you and you like it but every now and then we find you with an arm or arms out. I don't know how long it will last but I think you would wake yourself up constantly without it, so we are going to keep it in place for now.
You are definitely a better night time sleeper than daytime sleeper. You will nap in the car or in the stroller or in the swing, but if I just put you down in your bed the way I do at night, you don't like it one bit. I don't think you like to be alone! You love to have attention and be around people. You will lay and read books with Brinley or just sit and watch as we hustle and bustle around the kitchen. You really are one of the sweetest and most content babies I have been around!
You are definitely a better night time sleeper than daytime sleeper. You will nap in the car or in the stroller or in the swing, but if I just put you down in your bed the way I do at night, you don't like it one bit. I don't think you like to be alone! You love to have attention and be around people. You will lay and read books with Brinley or just sit and watch as we hustle and bustle around the kitchen. You really are one of the sweetest and most content babies I have been around!
I love you so much Cason! I feel incredibly blessed that you're mine and I can't wait for another month of growing with you!
XOXO, Your Momma



1 comment:
I do remember that sleeper! But I honestly don't know if he wore it a single time so I'm glad somebody is getting some wear out of it ;)
Post a Comment