Sunday, June 3, 2012

Pregnancy Progression Part Deux

Well, here we are again, almost 4 years later, writing a post about being pregnancy.  I have to admit I have really dragged my feet with documenting but I am trying to do things as equally as possible (all the 2nd and 3rd time moms are shaking their heads and laughing, I know).  This pregnancy has been so different for me emotionally but very similar physically.  I was very nauseous and exhausted for the first 16 or so weeks.  I didn't want to eat at all but I had to or the nausea got much worse. This is the hardest part for me with both pregnancies.  With the first I was working full time as a kindergarten teacher and now I am working full time as a Mommy to Brinley so I had to keep going.  I was really glad to get this part over with for sure!
 Luckily, Brinley has been so good through all of it and I am blessed that she still naps 2 or so hours a day and is happy to watch television or sit and read if I don't feel like doing anything.  She is so excited about the pregnancy and has been very sweet about it.  She seems to understand what is going on, I think mainly because some of our best friends have had new babies in the recent past so she has been able to experience it. 
 I didn't notice myself physically getting much bigger any quicker with this pregnancy, but I think it has to do with the fact that I wasn't a skinny waif before I got pregnant! :0) I never lost about 10 pounds of Brinley weight so I already felt big.  I definitely noticed the "fat roll" turning into more of a baby belly around 18 weeks and maternity pants became a necessity. I love those things!
 Now I am here at 20 weeks, really almost 21.  I am feeling great!  We will find out the gender on Tuesday and we can't wait!  Brinley has been very consistent with her answer to the "Will it be a brother or a sister?" question from the start.  She says very confidently that it's a sister, so we will see if she is right!  Rocky has a hunch it's a girl but I don't really have a feeling either way.  I would be so excited with either because I will have sisters or one of each.  It's a win win. :0)  With Brinley I did an entire post dedicated to predictions, and I think I have less readers now, but if you want to weigh in at the comments section with your prediction, I would love to have it for Baby #2's book!
I just started feeling this baby kick and it is just the most amazing feeling, unlike any other.  This is such a special time and I feel so blessed by this pregnancy.  Of course the nervousness, anxiety, and even excitement isn't there as much as it was with my first, but the tremendous feeling of gratitude for what God is growing in me isn't any different this time around!

8 comments:

Kasey said...

I think girl...but boys sure are fun!!!!

Kristen said...

girl....but wishing you get to experience a boy! But I also understand how much fun it would be for Brinley to have a sister. Cant wait to find out!!!!

Bobbie and Justin said...

I'm guessing a sister Brinley!!

Tara said...

boy. :]

the bowlin family said...

i think girl!! brin and daddy can't be wrong! ;) i'm with you, either will be so fun and be a perfect addition to your precious family. can't wait to know for sure.

rebekah l. louis said...

henry says boy. margaret says girl.

Sara Wolf said...

Congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant! I say boy this time around. Either way it will be crazy and so much fun!

Jenny said...

Boy! We do everything the same, right??? But Bekah says girl!