Monday, June 11, 2012

3rd Birthday Day

Brinley's birthday was pretty low key this year.  This is partially due to the fact that we had a little party for her a few weeks earlier, because we didn't know at the time if we would be living here on her birthday or not, and because it was a Sunday and I was singing in the worship team.  I woke up early to make her breakfast of choice, chocolate chip pancakes, and serve them up right on our Oh Happy Day plate. 
Brinley woke up a few minutes later and Rocky and I got her up with our best rendition of Happy Birthday.  I have tried to take a picture with her in front of her banner each year, and this is the best one I could get this year.  At least she is in it, right?
 
I waited to leave just long enough to get our picture at 7:29 am, the exact time she was born.  
 
And here is a little walk down memory lane of our pictures at 7:29 am in the past 3 years.




I find it very funny that in every year past, I am makeup-less in the pics.  I am glad I had to be up and ready for church this year so I don't spook anyone out again!! Anyways, after church, I had a VBS meeting, so I didn't really see Miss Brin again until after her nap.  She woke up and immediately began playing with her gift from Rocky and I, a Mr. Potatohead!
She decided on McDonalds for her birthday dinner.
 Definitely not my proudest moment as a parent, but hey, she's a 3 year old kid, and what kid doesn't love McD's? 
She dined on chicken "muggets" and we shared a delectable dipped cone for dessert.  We had so much fun!
We topped off the evening with some playing on the play place outside.  It was a perfect little birthday for a special birthday girl!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

happy birthday brinley! i loved the pics down memory lane, in all the different stages! : ) that one of you and brinley this year is a GORGEOUS mommmy/daughter pic! not that i am surprised, you photogenic family, you!