Thursday, June 7, 2012

Big Sister's Bow

 Late Monday night I posted this picture to facebook:
Will Big Sister's bow be pink or blue?  We will find out in the morning!
And here she is Tuesday after our sonogram!
 
That's right folks, it's blue!  It's a boy!  There is no denying that evidence.  Thanks for the straight on butt shot, little brother!
Brinley was so excited during the sonogram and took the news of a brother very well.  She is thrilled and completely understands that he is a boy.  It really helps that Simon, Benjamin, and Connor have been born in the past year.  It seems like all babies these days are boys!  She was watching the screen and told the sono tech that she wanted this picture, so she wrote a caption for her- "Hi Big Sissy"
Rocky and I were so surprised that it was a boy.  He is all about the odds of something happening, so he couldn't believe the odds of us having a boy when almost all of our friends with 2 kids have one of each gender already.  He had me convinced too, but God obviously doesn't consider the odds when putting families together.  We are both just so grateful that he is healthy! (Brinley took this pic of us in the waiting room)  He was very active on the sonogram, so I am already preparing myself for this little man to keep me on my toes.
After our appointment, I took Brinley to Target to buy her new baby brother a present.  She really thought long and hard about what to get, and only had to be reminded a few times that the gift was for him, not her. :0)
She finally decided on this pair of blue shoes.  She was dead set on them and I know he will look so cute!
We are so happy to have a little boy and cannot wait to meet him!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Awesome post! I love the outfit and bow idea, and going out to buy him a present! That is a "great shot" of him too, whoa, there he is! : ) Congratulations guys, that boy of yours is going to melt your heart EVERY day!

Kasey said...

Yay for little boys!!!!

rebekah l. louis said...

sweet little shoes!!

Jennifer said...

So, so thrilled for you guys! Brinley will make a great big sister!!

Becky Stevens said...

Whoohooo!!! I am so excited about HIM! The sonogram picture cracks me up - such a boy! haha

Bobbie and Justin said...

Super excited for you. Little boys sure do love their mommas!