Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Weekend

This weekend we had a great time with friends celebrating Emme Clare and Easter! Saturday was Emme's first birthday party. Erin and family did an amazing job pulling it all off!
My contribution was the cakes. The design was all Erin but I made it a reality. Swiss Meringue Buttercream is now my favorite icing and I loved the ruffle design. It was pretty easy but made a big statement.Sweet girl loved it!Part of the party was an Easter Egg Hunt. Brinley was ready to hunt the minute she arrived.Rocky even got in on the action- and we are glad he did! There were money prizes for the adults!After the hunt, Emme Clare opened all her presents. It was very difficult for Brinley to not open every single one herself. She has a hard time understanding that every birthday party is not for her.
We sure love our little Miss Emme Clare! Happy Birthday sweet friend!Easter Sunday was pretty low key for us. I sang in the praise team so the only chance I got to take pics of Brinley in her Easter Sunday best were outside church on our way out.
Precious gal!
After church, we headed home for leftovers and a long nap. I'm telling you- it was uneventful! We had planned to hunt eggs outside when Brin woke up but it was raining, so an inside hunt it was!
Brinley loved it! The inside hunting didn't spoil her fun at all!We filled most of her eggs with "money honey" as she would say. Too bad she was more excited about the random piece of candy she would find every now and then.Even though our Easter was low key, we definitely celebrated Christ our Risen Lord and the bright future we have because our his sacrifice. I hope you did the same!

No comments: