Tuesday, April 17, 2012

2

How about a fancy little multiple choice question to get your day started off right?

Why is the number 2 significant to us?
A. It's the number of times we have been to Hawaii
B. It's the number of decorative pillows we have on our guest room bed
C. It's the number of children we will have come October 12, 2012

And the answer is.....drum roll please....




C!

That's right folks, Baby Mc #2 will be making his/her debut this fall!
We have known for quite some time now, but I will dig back in the camera archives to explain how I told Rocky and Brinley. We were hoping to be pregnant, so I woke up bright and early the first day that I could take a test and got right to business. When the test read "pregnant", I was so excited that I could not go back to sleep.

So, I decided I would make breakfast to break the big news to Rocky. I have tried to carry out this "two" theme from the start, so here was my brilliant idea on the tray-
Now take a good look at this plate. My pregnancy brain must have already been in full force because I thought I was being obvious. You know... 2 pancakes, 2 blueberries on each, 2 oranges, 2 banana slices (I know now that my demise came in that I should have put 2 slices per pancake or just one blueberry per pancake- darn!) I came in with the tray and woke up Rocky. Here is how the rest of the reveal went...

A:"Surprise Honey! I wanted to make you breakfast in bed!"
R: "Oh, thanks babe. Pancakes, yum!"
Long pause of expectation by me....
A" "So you notice anything interesting about your breakfast?"
R: "Oh, it's a piggy! Piggy pancakes!
(INSERT Debbie Downer music here...Fail!)
A: "No honey, two (pointing at pancakes), two (pointing at oranges), and two! (pointing at Brinley and holding up the positive pregnancy test)
Shock and awe set in, excited hugs, and pure joy proceeded as we ate our breakfast together.
We couldn't be more thrilled to welcome another baby to the family. Yes, we are cramming lots of major life events into a short span of time, but I guess that's just how we roll. Brinley is very excited about the new baby and insists that it's a sister every time we ask her. Too bad this is the best pic I have of her in her sparkly BIG SIS t-shirt.
We so grateful to God for choosing us to be blessed with baby #2!

12 comments:

Kristie said...

CONGRATS!!! I was wondering when the next little one would come for you guys! Can't wait to find out what you'll be having! How far along are you?

Amy Mc said...

Im 14 weeks today. We can't wait to find out either but our doc here doesn't sono for that until 20 weeks. :0(

Kasey said...

Yay!! I am so so happy for you guys!!!

Cassie said...

Congrats Amy and Rocky! Such exciting news!! Hope you are feeling okay! or coming out of it soon if you have been sick! Cant wait to follow all the baby fun along on the blog :)

Christy said...

yea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!o happy for you guys!!!

Melissa Potter said...

Congratulations!

Austyn said...

YAY!!! I've been reading your blog for quite some time and i was secretly hoping this post would come soon! hehe Congratulations! I hope your pregnancy goes wonderful and i know Brinley is going to be a wonderful Big sister!! :-)

Tracey said...

oh I'm so excited for you!!!! That is just wonderful. Have you found a new ob here yet? When do ya'll move? So much excitement!!!!!

the bowlin family said...

I've been waiting for this news!!! YAY!!! So happy for you and your sweet family. I'll be praying for a happy healthy pregnancy. Congrats!!

The Owen Family said...

So exciting Amy! I wanted to ask you last time I saw you, but thought I'd better wait until you announce it. Congrats y'all!

Kara said...

Congrats to your sweet family! Sure miss you guys!

Tara said...

Aww! Very exciting!!! Congratulations to your sweet family!