Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Doing Life
Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, we have just been "doing life". I never feel like I have much to blog about, but then I look at my camera and see all these pics of fun things we have done that I want to remember! So, here is a random post to catch you up on 2012 so far.
Brinley's day starts between 7 and 7:30 each morning and it almost always starts with an episode of Curious George in Mommy and Daddy's bed. I love the snuggle time and she loves Curious George, so it works! I love this pic because she is crossing her legs :0)
Every day that Daddy is able to be with Brinley, which unfortunately isn't every day thanks to long hours at the VA Hospital, there is lots of playing.
Daddy is much better at playing and really engaging her than Mommy is.
Here is Daddy's favorite game, the night night game. He takes it literally some days.
If you look closely and wonder why Brinley is wearing panties in this pic, it's because we had a very short stint of trying out potty training. After a morning in panties, with 2 accidents that she had no clue were coming and no desire at all whatsoever to sit on the potty, we are hanging up the panties for a while until Brinley has more motivation. Its just not worth the battle to me.
I put this picture because Brinley loves to wear her slippers like mine. She wants to wear them all the time but especially when she sees me wearing mine. She is my little shadow and it's so sweet.
We have been to a few birthday parties over the past couple of weeks. Brinley loved Margaret's piggy party.
Especially the pig races and the pin the nose on the piggy game.
Mary's birthday party was totally girly girl and Brinley ate it up. She loved playing with the big girls.
Our weeks almost always include playing with our best buddy Ava. Once again, here is the night night game, but this time in Ava's cool tent!
The weather has been so gorgeous and we have spent lots of time at the park.
Look at this sweet girl pushing her friend on the swing. I love their little friendship!
We have also spent some time at the Louis home since the arrival of this little guy, Simon.
Brin and Margaret share a love for fashion and babies, so they have lots to do.
Nan came into town for MLK weekend. Brinley showed her the correct form for a front roll.
I think she totally wins the award for "best front rolling grandma".
Really, whose grandma does front rolls?! Brinley's Nan, that's who! We love you Nan!
Rocky had MLK off so we went to the FBC Coppell ARK indoor play center. I knew he and Brinley would have so much fun.
They did!
And so did I. :0) I love how excited Brinley gets when Rocky and I give her our undivided attention. She kept running around and saying, "Mom, Dad, come here!" She was so happy.
Another funny thing to note is Brinley's new napping spot. One morning Brinley woke up at 4:15 crying for me, so I went in, held her, and she went back to sleep. Then she woke again at 5:15, which is so unusual, so I went back in. She wanted me to hold her and I was exhausted and I knew that Rocky would be getting up soon and the noise would probably wake her up for good, so I just laid a blanket on the floor and slept there with Brin for another 2 hours. When she woke up she was so excited that we were sleeping on her floor and she said she wanted to nap there. I figured I would give it a try so I told her the rules that she couldn't get off the green blanket and to call for me when she woke up. She did great and has been napping in her "green bed" ever since! At this age, anything that keeps our naptime intact is fine with me! She still sleeps in her bed at night and has no problem with it, so we will just stick with this until it loses its luster.
I think that catches us up for now. I am so grateful each day for "doing life" with my precious family and sweet friends!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love the napping on the green bed idea. It will make her transition to a big girl bed super easy- when the time comes!
Post a Comment