On Thursday, our ESL ministry at church had a thanksgiving meal. We teachers brought traditional american foods and each of the students brought a meal from their culture.Thursday, November 17, 2011
So much to be thankful for...
Here is our thankful tree for this year. There are so many things for me to be thankful for- a precious husband, a beautiful (inside and out) little girl, a wonderful family, an amazing church home, and so many devoted and loving friends.
Brinley definitely has enjoyed the tree- a few of her leaves have said my family, Ava Woo Woo, and candy. I had planned for a leaf per day, but she decided to color on all the leaves one day while I wasn't watching and i have been too lazy to cut out any more. :0) But, I think all in all, I accomplished my purpose of teaching her about thankfulness, so we will move on...
We have had many opportunities to celebrate the Thanksgiving season this week. First of all, I am thankful for this cooler weather. The humidity was really putting me in a bad mood! I love fall: boots and scarves, snuggies, and coffee in the morning. And the leaves are finally falling....
and Brinley is thankful for that!
On Monday, Brinley's friend Hannah had a thankful party. We played at her house then made turkey cookies together. It was simple and fun!
On Thursday, our ESL ministry at church had a thanksgiving meal. We teachers brought traditional american foods and each of the students brought a meal from their culture.
It was a great time of fellowship and yummy food!
The kids got to be a part of it at the end. I am so thankful that Brinley has the opportunity to get to know children from many parts of the world. This is her friend Danielle (she has another korean name but goes by that).
Here are a few of my students. I just love them- they are so gracious, kind, and eager to learn. I am very grateful for the opportunity I have had to minister in this way.

Brinley enjoyed her turkey cookie at the end. It had m&m's on it...which she is very thankful for. :0)
Now, off to packing and getting ready to spend the week with family. I hope everyone remembers what they are thankful for- the big and the small!
On Thursday, our ESL ministry at church had a thanksgiving meal. We teachers brought traditional american foods and each of the students brought a meal from their culture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment