When I realized that Halloween was on a Monday, a day without preschool or other activities for our friends, I decided to plan a fun little playdate at our house. We started out with some Halloween themed crafts, which in total lasted about 15 minutes, but they were a fun 15 minutes! We painted plates and glued Jack-O-Lantern faces on one side. Then I taught them the fun poem: "Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Round and Fat. Turn into a Jack-o-Lantern just like that!" They mastered it and performed for us at the end. cuties.
We also colored pictures of what our Halloween costume was- Brinley the Chef, Tinkerbell Ava, Wild Kratt Luke, Monarch Butterfly Audrey, Fireman Henry, and Firey Margaret. Georgia was there too and she was Tinkerbell, but she preferred to just observe the arts and crafts time. :0) We also had some pumpkin pie playdough and Halloween cookie cutters. I made sure to remind them not to eat this stuff because it smells just like pumpkin pie! After craft time was over, we had a muffin tin lunch! Sorry I couldn't get this pic to turn, so you we will go from top to bottom, left to right. A clementine "pumpkin", pumpkin chocolate chip muffin, candy corn and m&m's, a "mummy" dog, a ghost cheesestick, and some carrots and corn to try for something healthy.I think the kids liked all the food. This little chef was satisfied with everything except the mummy dog...meat isn't her fav.After the kids were through, we turned on a little Halloween show and enjoyed a nice mommy lunch of broccoli cheese soup and autumn chopped salad. Yummy! Dessert for everyone was sugar cookies. I am a little out of control with them lately!! It was a great start to a very Happy Halloween!
"Above all, love one another deeply, for love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 4:8-11
No comments:
Post a Comment