Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Papa's 60th

Yesterday, my Dad celebrated his 60th birthday. My brothers and I knew we wanted to do something special for him, so I suggested that they come out to Paisano for a couple of days. I knew it would mean alot to him to have us all out there together again. It has been very hard for them to come out for the past few years due to jobs, school, travel, and the sheer distance, so I knew he would be so happy. I think I was right. :0)
Paisano camp doesn't actually start until Sunday at dinner, but we took advantage of the weekend and headed down on Friday. The men played golf and then we all had a nice dinner at the Paisano hotel in Marfa.We were so glad that Kalyn was able to come too! She needed to experience Paisano and true west Texas- and I think she did. The mouse droppings and spiders in the cabin concerned her so much that she cleaned the entire thing before we even got there! :0) By the end she loved it and even said she wants to come back!The Paisano hotel has nothing to do with Paisano camp, by the way, it's just a neat historic hotel whre the movie Giant was filmed long ago. They have restored it and it has a fabulous restaurant called Jett's grill.
We had a fabulous dinner of pistachio crusted chicken fried steak, apricot pork chops, flank steak, and more. The weather was PERFECT and we soaked it up on the patio all evening.
Brinley did very well. She loves eating outside and of course there were lots of people there to entertain and hold her.
Papa gave her some "money honey" for the fountain and taught her how to throw it in. I know her wish was for many more happy healthy years for Papa!
Happy Birthday Papa! So glad we got to celebrate with you and we love you very much!

No comments: