Friday, April 8, 2011

Why Hello There Little Miss Emme!


The world gained another sweet little girl today! This morning at 6:10 am my bff Erin gave birth to sweet Emmeline Clare. She was 2 weeks early, but what a wonderful surprise! She came in at a whopping 5 pounds 11 oz, 16 3/4 inches. What a precious tiny gal!


Thanks to my dear Vaughanie, I was able to boogie up to the hospital first thing this morning without Brinley. The sad part was that Emmeline was in the newborn nursery getting her bath and check up for the majority of the time I was there! I got to hold her for just a minute before I left. So precious!


Well, of course the minute of holding was not at all enough for me, so Brinley and I headed back to the hospital after naptime. She didn't quite know what to make of the entire situation. It definitely took her a while to warm up to the whole thing. She started by reading her a book-

Then we got to hold her. "Emme funny!" says Brinley. Ok, I think I like her. Kisses for our new best friend!



We ended our visit with a little game of "Bye Bye Brinley" as we went in and out of the hospital curtain. Nice and distracting for Erin who was trying to feed Emme. Sorry!


Welcome to the World Emme Clare! We love you so much!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

what a beautiful baby!!!!!

rebekah l. louis said...

Precious little thing!!
Congrats, Erin and Jeremy!

Jenny said...

She is beautiful! So glad that it all went well and that mommy and baby are great! Brinley was a super sweet and loving visitor, and it looks like their friendship has started off on a great note! : )